Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To consider before applying to DCU+Collecting info

tag
thisladyz
Regular Contributor

Re: To consider before applying to DCU+Collecting info

Hi all,

New to the forum! I have been discharged from my CH 13 BK in Sep 2014. My scores are currently EQ: 658m EX: 586, TU: 618. I am trying to correct some discrepancies that I hope will at least raise those scores to the high 600's. Anyway, I am looking to get an auto loan of $50k and I plan on putting in about $15k more to cover the rest. I'm looking at a Range Rover Sport. My income is $152K annally and I have only mortage of $3k a month and  a school loan of $500 a month. Everyting else was paid off in my BK.

I have had numerous auto loans and paid off two vehicles in BK. My fear is that since my BK was discharged so recently and my scores are low I may not qualify for the loan I want. I am looking to buy in June. Pardon my ignorance but what is DCU?

Thanks for any input!

-----EQ---- TU---- EX
Nov 2021-- 817-- 817-- 809
Goal-- 800-- 800-- 800
Message 71 of 75
EddieK
Established Contributor

@thisladyz wrote:

Hi all,

New to the forum! I have been discharged from my CH 13 BK in Sep 2014. My scores are currently EQ: 658m EX: 586, TU: 618. I am trying to correct some discrepancies that I hope will at least raise those scores to the high 600's. Anyway, I am looking to get an auto loan of $50k and I plan on putting in about $15k more to cover the rest. I'm looking at a Range Rover Sport. My income is $152K annally and I have only mortage of $3k a month and  a school loan of $500 a month. Everyting else was paid off in my BK.

I have had numerous auto loans and paid off two vehicles in BK. My fear is that since my BK was discharged so recently and my scores are low I may not qualify for the loan I want. I am looking to buy in June. Pardon my ignorance but what is DCU?

Thanks for any input!

DCU=Digital Federal Credit Union

From what people have posted here you wouldn't be able to qualify for them until you're two years out from your BK.  I'd look at Cap1's blank check program.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 72 of 75
thisladyz
Regular Contributor

Oh, okay, thank you for the reply. So is that 2 years just for credit unions or would Cap1 have the same requirement?

-----EQ---- TU---- EX
Nov 2021-- 817-- 817-- 809
Goal-- 800-- 800-- 800
Message 73 of 75
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

EQ FICO: 687 (The one they pulled)

Approval Amount:  $50,000

Rate: 2.24%

Instant online approval or did you need to call/wait a few days? Instant

Monthly Income: $9166 (gross)

Rent/mortgage: $700

I currently have an auto loan that I'm paying (through PenFed) so I was surprised to get approved.

They are easy to work with as long as you can get through the phone waiting lines.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 74 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eq FICO: 730
Approval amount: 22K Auto (Refinance)
Rate: 1.74%
Instant Approval
$78,300 Annual Salary
Rent: $800

Also approved for 10k VISA Platinum at 8.75%

HP good for 45 days.
Message 75 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.