Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To take the chance or to not take the chance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

To take the chance or to not take the chance

Last night I decided to see about a car. As I stated in a previous point a car right now is NEEDED. 

So, I applied to Toyota and this morning I got a car saying I was pre-qualified. 

The lady I spoke with said that she would like for me to come in so that I may pick put a car. She told me to bring in pay stubs and proof of address. Also stated that there is paper work to go over. 

Not sure what I should do. I haven't been "Pre" anything in a while. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I can't wait to get to a place in my credit life that I can give ppl advice. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: To take the chance or to not take the chance

@Anonymous wrote:

Last night I decided to see about a car. As I stated in a previous point a car right now is NEEDED. 

So, I applied to Toyota and this morning I got a car saying I was pre-qualified. 

The lady I spoke with said that she would like for me to come in so that I may pick put a car. She told me to bring in pay stubs and proof of address. Also stated that there is paper work to go over. 

PS. I can't wait to get to a place in my credit life that I can give ppl advice. 

You will get to the point where you can give people credit advice.  If you have applied, I'd say take a chance.  Life is always about taking chances.  So go and see what they say.  They have already pull your report so don't let it go to waste.

I will keep fingers crossed for you and let us know how it goes...

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You will get to the point where you can give people credit advice.  If you have applied, I'd say take a chance.  Life is always about taking chances.  So go and see what they say.  They have already pull your report so don't let it go to waste.

An small update.

Went to the dealership. They ran my credit. The gentlemen told me he was gonna try his hardest to make sure I get in a car. I find out what is going to happen tomorrow. 

I'm already prepared either way. If it goes throw great it's a great help. If it doesn't that's okay. I will pay off a bill or both the collections left and then try again.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

An small update.

Went to the dealership. They ran my credit. The gentlemen told me he was gonna try his hardest to make sure I get in a car. I find out what is going to happen tomorrow. 

I'm already prepared either way. If it goes throw great it's a great help. If it doesn't that's okay. I will pay off a bill or both the collections left and then try again.

I am glad you took a chance and went for it.... I will be keeping fingers crossed for you and look forward to hearing good news.  I will be following...

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, so update

The guy didn't call me on Friday as he told me he going to do. I was fine with that. As I was fine with either outcome.

Because he didn't call I decided that it meant I wasn't approved and that I still had some work to do.

However, on Saturday he called while I was at work and left me a voicemail saying that I was approved, to give him a call back. I did, left a message with the receptionist because he was with a customer. He hasn't called back yet.

Though he states I was approved I feel like my rate and down payment would be More than I want.

I want to try again with my credit union in a month. In a months time I would have paid the 2 baddies I have left and hopefully my score will go back up. I would have also started to use my secured credit card, so that should help as well. The inquires for the car knocked my score down a little so I'm hoping for 40points after paying the baddies and using my new card.

Will keep you posted!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.