Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toyota's buy here pay here option

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Toyota's buy here pay here option

I said earlier I would be getting my scores sometime this weekend...
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Little worse off than I thought . Experian is 516 tu is 464 and Equifax is 475.
Message 12 of 19
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

You have two choices -

1) Fix Your Credit, wait six months for your scores to hit mid 600's

2) Take a terrible interest rate and likely a car you don't want very much.

If you opt for the former, it would be a good idea to cover tax and license fees to help even more. Are you a first time buyer (first time getting an auto loan)? Find a new car with sizable rebates.

2015/2016 Ford Focus sedan and Kia Forte sedan are under $15,000 after rebate.

If you need a car, well Car Max might be a good option. They have Exter or Sandtander "sign and drive" financing. All you need is a driver's license and valid insurance. Your interest rate will be around 20-25% and likely limited to cars under $20,000 out the door (Taxes, Title and License).

Good Luck, report back, if you get a car post a picture or it didn't happen.

Message 13 of 19
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Little worse off than I thought . Experian is 516 tu is 464 and Equifax is 475.

Spend a little time in the rebuilding section here. You would be surprised at how fast you can increase your score. Some people have been able to get their score up over 100 points in as little as a month or two.

Here is a good place to begin and it may not take long at all once you get started:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Helpful-Rebuilding-Threads/td-p/224981

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm thinking I'm gonna wait a bit longer. I honestly didnt know that fako scores were THAT much different from Fico and that my Fico would be so much lower. I cleaned my report up a bit already. But as of now I have no revolving credit or loans. On the up side I did get approved for a secured cap one card and fingerhut so...I'll wait a few months and go from there. Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it!
Message 15 of 19
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Dj4Money wrote:

You have two choices -

If you opt for the former, it would be a good idea to cover tax and license fees to help even more. Are you a first time buyer (first time getting an auto loan)? Find a new car with sizable rebates.

If you need a car, well Car Max might be a good option. They have Exter or Sandtander "sign and drive" financing. All you need is a driver's license and valid insurance. Your interest rate will be around 20-25% and likely limited to cars under $20,000 out the door (Taxes, Title and License).

Good advice...

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm thinking I'm gonna wait a bit longer. I honestly didnt know that fako scores were THAT much different from Fico and that my Fico would be so much lower. I cleaned my report up a bit already. But as of now I have no revolving credit or loans. On the up side I did get approved for a secured cap one card and fingerhut so...I'll wait a few months and go from there. Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it!

Go on capital one auto finance pre approval and see if they can approve u. That's what I did last year in March. Got approved for up to 35k only used 19400 cause interest high in the sky. Even at 19400 my interest was around 14%. Having a car loan boost ur credit higher faster. I was in the low 400s when I first rebuilding now I'm in the 690s but I just went on app spree and got out another car loan and jet skis loan now my scores in the 610s lol

Message 17 of 19
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Go on capital one auto finance pre approval and see if they can approve u. That's what I did last year in March. Got approved for up to 35k only used 19400 cause interest high in the sky. Even at 19400 my interest was around 14%. Having a car loan boost ur credit higher faster. I was in the low 400s when I first rebuilding now I'm in the 690s but I just went on app spree and got out another car loan and jet skis loan now my scores in the 610s lol

Congrats on that progress.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 18 of 19
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Dj4Money wrote:

You have two choices -

Unfortunately oP, I agree withthe above.  It appears there is not a good avenue for you to take with those scores.  You're almost better trying to improve them first.  Even if you got approved, the terms may put you in a situation you'll never be able to get out of (or it will feel like it) credit wise and maybe financially.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.