cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in a car not on credit report

tag
myworld1208

Trade in a car not on credit report

I made a huge mistake and purchased a car from a buy here pay her lot. The car will be paid off in 9/13 but I really need a new car now. The payments have been on time since purchase but its not on my credit report. I purchased a home 7/13 which lowered my score so now I am at a 597 how can I show good payment history on my car to a lender to buy a car with a low score. I owe 1, 500 on this car and have my payment history I want to trade it for a newer car with about 2000 cash down payment. Any lender you know could help. I am also paying down 2 credit cards which showed help boost my score to over 600

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Trade in a car not on credit report

You could go to the same buy here pay here lot. They might be able to give you a lower rate now that you have proven yourself to them.

Go there with a particular mindset. Don't look at them as scum. Look at them as people trying to make a living like anybody else these days. Just speak to them as a returning customer. Tell them you came back looking to get a good deal. Say you have other options, but that you would like to go to them for a good rate because you are a good customer. Don't pay more than blue book and don't except a high interest rate. Negotiate, don't be a customer they take advantage of. They like moving cars, they don't need to make a killing off every one of them and they would love to keep a customer coming back.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 6
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

I've been in your situation a few times. After my bk, I only bought cars from buy here pay here lots because I knew my credit sucked. I didn't have any issues until the last place I went. I put down $4200 and the car was about $10k after taxes etc. Interest rate...30%!! I didn't know how bad that was until I realized after a year my balance wasn't going down. They wouldn't refinance either, for another year!! So I found a local cu, joined, and they refinanced it at 12%, and I traded it in a few months later. Try that, but I.wouldnt recommend going back to that same dealer. They will think you have no other.option and you NEED them to help you.
Message 3 of 6
myworld1208

I agree I will not be going back there or to any other lot that does not report to the CRY, I have paid for this car more than 2x I am sure. I had my mortgage lender pull my credit report just to see where I am. myfico says I am at 587 with no updates and I have since paid down a lot of debt. My friend at the mortgage co says I am at a 626 on the same day myfico reported 587 so I am sure when my CRY updates next month it should be higher. My question is if I take my history of payments to the dealer for the car I have from the pay here buy here lot, which shows no late payments and only 2, 100 balance left will they factor that in to my payment history. I am also trading in this car and the kbb has it at 3700 but I know they will say its less but at least I am not upside down and I have a down payment of 10% for the car I want. What will be my chances of getting approved for a good used car less than 20,000

Message 4 of 6
myworld1208

sorry I didn't pay attention to the spell check corrections I didn't mean CRY, I meant CR (credit report)

Message 5 of 6
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

myworld1208 says:

"but I really need a new car now"

Why?

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.