Contributor
BKFireFly

Trying to get first auto loan

Hi everyone. I am new.Been lurking for a while. Also looking for a car loan. Certified used $ 2K down, possible trade (if my car isnt laughed off the lot). looking for 20K but will take up to 16-18 and up my down payment. (FICO 602 dec-walmart, high util, & collections, couple lates). Student loans 90K in deferrement, Chase SL are reporting higher than initially borrowed. 

I am sending out GW & PFD tomorrow. I have been denied by Honda Financial, Chase, Cap1, & MCU. My car is on deaths door-not worth repairing...need to replace before it truly craps out.  Can I recon an auto loan app?

Round up

40k income

2K down

possible trade maybe 1500

borrow  15-18K

What can I do?

Thanks so much for your replies

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Frequent Contributor
dabrian

Re: Trying to get first auto loan

Gonna be hard for you to get financed for that amount with your debt and income.
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Frequent Contributor
dabrian

What exactly is wrong with your current car?
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Contributor
BKFireFly

my car in car has electrical shortage, I have a grinding noise when I turn my way left it's not related to steering power steering fluid, my windshield wipers no longer work and I have a leak that no 1 can find and there's also a hole in the engine that no 1 can find. I replace a transmission 2 years ago and that was a big mistake I just can't think anymore money into this car
***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Contributor
BKFireFly

also I was approved by roadloans for up to 26,000 at 16 percent over 72 months but I can't find the car that I like at any of the dealership that they work with any York. And also I'm trying to find a certified car just a to have that extra security for myself.

500 down
Valued Contributor
MovingForward_2012

Have you tried Prestige Financial? It is a subprime lender and they have a great rate reduction program.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! :smileyhappy: Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Regular Contributor
ImprovingYouth

BKFireFly wrote:

Hi everyone. I am new.Been lurking for a while. Also looking for a car loan. Certified used $ 2K down, possible trade (if my car isnt laughed off the lot). looking for 20K but will take up to 16-18 and up my down payment. (FICO 602 dec-walmart, high util, & collections, couple lates). Student loans 90K in deferrement, Chase SL are reporting higher than initially borrowed. 

I am sending out GW & PFD tomorrow. I have been denied by Honda Financial, Chase, Cap1, & MCU. My car is on deaths door-not worth repairing...need to replace before it truly craps out.  Can I recon an auto loan app?

Round up

40k income

2K down

possible trade maybe 1500

borrow  15-18K

What can I do?

Thanks so much for your replies

Have you tried to apply at a dealership? And what kind of car were you looking for because if I were to make a recommendation I would suggest a Hyundai Sonata, my wife currently has one and you can find a good used one for 16-18k with LOW milage depending on your area. 2k will basically cover your taxes, tags and title with a little extra, so a little more like 3k would be alot better if at all possible or just make that trade in for 1.5k. With a 602 you are going to have high interest, but will probably be approved.

BTW Roadloans in near highway robbery, do not go with them.

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly :smileytongue:) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Valued Contributor
MovingForward_2012

Yes she tried a dealership because Honda Financial denied her.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! :smileyhappy: Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Contributor
BKFireFly

I looked into Prestige financial but they don't have dealer relationships in New York area which is where I am
Contributor
BKFireFly

My honda app was a consumer. First dealership appt. Is Friday. I was trying to secure my financing before going to the dealership said that I would have more leverage. But it seems now I'm going to have to depend on the dealership to secure my financing

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}