cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE ! Approved by DCU - page 4-Denied by chase, should I try a credit union?

tag
Michigan23
Established Member

Re: Denied by chase, should I try a credit union?

FORUM and TEACHERS credit union denied...   DCU APPROVED! I just have to fax them some info, and sign up to be a memeber. 

Message 21 of 36
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

@Michigan23 wrote:

FORUM and TEACHERS credit union denied...   DCU APPROVED! I just have to fax them some info, and sign up to be a memeber. 

Yay congrats! Make sure you send them color copies of your docs (SSN card and driver's license) so everything goes smoothly.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 22 of 36
Michigan23
Established Member

Well the car I have been looking at has been at the dealership for 11 months! It started at $35k, and in those 11 months eventually dropper to $26k... I offered $24k out the door and they denied, so I walked.... They have all my info so they will more than likely contact me soon as the car has been sitting so long! 

Does es anyone have any dealership tips?

Message 23 of 36
Michigan23
Established Member

Well went it turns out i was approved with a 19.71% APR. On a $12K loan that looks like $6K interest....... .  I decided that i can just buy a car for $15K cash outright. There is NO WAY I am signing up for that deathtrap. 

Message 24 of 36
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

@Michigan23 wrote:

Well went it turns out i was approved with a 19.71% APR. On a $12K loan that looks like $6K interest....... .  I decided that i can just buy a car for $15K cash outright. There is NO WAY I am signing up for that deathtrap. 

Whew, that's crazy! When you app'd trough Chase was it through the dealer or did you personally apply with them?

Message 25 of 36
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Wait DCU approved you for 19.71%? That can't be right. I'm pretty sure credit unions are capped at 18% or so? The highest I've heard from DCU for an auto loan has been ~8%.

Message 26 of 36
Michigan23
Established Member

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@Michigan23 wrote:

Whew, that's crazy! When you app'd trough Chase was it through the dealer or did you personally apply with them?

Chase.com auto loan app.

then was approved at the dealership at the 18.71%, I tried the dealer after DCU sent an acceptance letter... I never sent the forms in last week as I thought I could try the dealer.

sunday I reapplied with DCU and added my wife as joint, she is in school full time but has a part time job, she basically pays the rent and a few bills every month, was this a good idea? I did make a note on the application that her part time job pays our rent. 

Message 27 of 36
Michigan23
Established Member

@Remember0 wrote:

Wait DCU approved you for 19.71%? That can't be right. I'm pretty sure credit unions are capped at 18% or so? The highest I've heard from DCU for an auto loan has been ~8%.

No this was through a finance company the dealer pushed at me, I am awaiting word from DCU as to my application status as I added my wife and her part time job that pays our rent. After hearing the 19%, I would love to hear 8%! Lol, -

you said 8% was the highest you have seen? Where do you think I would land? 

Message 28 of 36
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

@Michigan23 wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@Michigan23 wrote:

Chase.com auto loan app.

then was approved at the dealership at the 18.71%, I tried the dealer after DCU sent an acceptance letter... I never sent the forms in last week as I thought I could try the dealer.

sunday I reapplied with DCU and added my wife as joint, she is in school full time but has a part time job, she basically pays the rent and a few bills every month, was this a good idea? I did make a note on the application that her part time job pays our rent. 

What is your wifes credit situation?

Message 29 of 36
Michigan23
Established Member

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@Michigan23 wrote:

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@Michigan23 wrote:

Chase.com auto loan app.

What is your wifes credit situation?

Last time we checked she was 650ish, Maybe a little higher. The only card she was interested in was a Victoria secret card, she got one of those like 2 months ago. 

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.