!UPDATE! DCU Refinance Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice please, this is my current situation

@Anonymous wrote:
!!UPDATE!!
Anyone that is interested into refinancing with DCU

I applied for the auto loan (refinancing) first. And got approaved, and then app'd for the membership because it's required to obtained the loan. (I did this to save a HP in case of a denial)

Yes it's a lot of verifying. And it's tedious but I mean, if you are who you say you are, there's no problem with providing the needed paperwork.

This is all online so of course they want to make sure you are who you say you are.

I am still in the progress of getting everything finalized but for those who are wondering I went from Wells Fargo 17% to DCU at 3.74%

Keeping my payments the same for 2 years less. So I'll pay off my car in 3 years (at minimum payment), but I plan on paying far more than minimum. I just wanted to not pay so much in interest.

Yes I know it's not the TOP of the best of the best rates but please consider from where I came from. No co-signed, no help. I did this all on my own.

Never EVER finance through the dealership if it's your first new used car.

If you're planing on refinancing with DCU, consider it. They are nice, they are helpful and very helpful via chat as well as over phone.

GREAT deal!

Shortening the loan by two years is fantastic!  And saving money with lower interest is just gravy.

DCU is going to be my first stop in a couple months when I'm ready to buy again.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: !UPDATE! DCU Refinance Question

Seriously I don't regret it. I am considering making them my only bank
Message 12 of 13
Charger2014
Valued Member

Re: !UPDATE! DCU Refinance Question

Quick Question, So DCU Is the BEST! 

I am still nervous as I just applied over the phone with then and got approved to refi my 17.99 down to a 5.7! Smiley Happy

The very nice girl told me to expect an email with what documents they will require to verify. How long did the proccess take? Also any setbacks? She said I was approved but it was still up to the main office, I am not sure what that means...Any help would be really good. 

Also one more thing, did they give you 30 days for first payment or how did it work out? Thanks! 

Gardening since...Oh look credit application! Seriously need some self control.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.