cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*****UPDATE******EVERY SINGLE DEALER THAT I WENT TO, PULLED EQUIFAX!!!*****UPDATE****

tag
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: EVERY SINGLE DEALER THAT I WENT TO, PULLED EQUIFAX!!!

@App_Addict wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

I ended up getting me (my wife) a 2015 Nissan Titan, however you can imagine with a 525 what my interest rate is (don't want to talk about it) but I will refinance with SOMEONE, ANYONE that will look at TU or EX!!  Smiley Sad

Ouch, I don't even want to see a 20+ number Smiley Sad..  Get that refi'ed ASAP or as you know majority is going to interest vs. principle...

Within 6 months I will.  I just have to do whatever I need to do to get my EQ up where my my other two and I will be home free! 

You might want to do it sooner and with a lender that pulls EX/TU. With your 50% interest rate, your LTV might be too high in 6 months! Unless you're making significant principle payments.

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@App_Addict wrote:

I went to a Ford Dealer, a Toyota Dealer, A Dodge Dealer and a Nissan Dealer and they ALL puuled Equifax!!!  I could not believe it!  After all of the research on here as to whom pulls what just does not seem to matter here in Central Florida!   My Eq. Auto Fico is AS BAD AS IT GETS at 525, which is 115 points lower than my Experian Auto score but they simply did not care!  Let me tell you after the last two days of humilation I'm done for two years!  My wifes truck will just have to make do because I'm NOT going through that again!  So much for research! Smiley Sad

This is terrible.  I think the forum would tell you to get into a CU that doesnt use EQ. They could refi you after a bit of work
at 3-5% for med credit. Hang in there!

Message 12 of 24
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@SamsungHDTV wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

I ended up getting me (my wife) a 2015 Nissan Titan, however you can imagine with a 525 what my interest rate is (don't want to talk about it) but I will refinance with SOMEONE, ANYONE that will look at TU or EX!!  Smiley Sad

Ouch, I don't even want to see a 20+ number Smiley Sad..  Get that refi'ed ASAP or as you know majority is going to interest vs. principle...

Within 6 months I will.  I just have to do whatever I need to do to get my EQ up where my my other two and I will be home free! 

You might want to do it sooner and with a lender that pulls EX/TU. With your 50% interest rate, your LTV might be too high in 6 months! Unless you're making significant principle payments.

I will be on an active search for a TU/EX...OBTW my interest rate is 15%which is VERY bad, but very confident I can get out of soon.  

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 13 of 24
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

I was exaggerating the rate for fun. Good luck.

Message 14 of 24
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@SamsungHDTV wrote:

I saw that... 50%?

With a rate like that I'd walk.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 15 of 24
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@SamsungHDTV wrote:

I saw that... 50%?

Hah. Yeah, I once saw a customer's finance agreement with right under 30%. He was set to pay a few thousand more in interest than what the car was worth. Car was worth probably 13K, bought the car for probably 16K and interest expense over life of the loan was like 18K or some nonsense like that. Carmax is a crazy place.

Message 16 of 24
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@SamsungHDTV wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@SamsungHDTV wrote:

I saw that... 50%?

Hah. Yeah, I once saw a customer's finance agreement with right under 30%. He was set to pay a few thousand more in interest than what the car was worth. Car was worth probably 13K, bought the car for probably 16K and interest expense over life of the loan was like 18K or some nonsense like that. Carmax is a crazy place.

They cap the Int, rate that a company can charge for an auto loan at 18% here in Florida...Again mine was 15% but wiil find a CU that does not pull EQ and will get that cut in half.

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@App_Addict wrote:

I went to a Ford Dealer, a Toyota Dealer, A Dodge Dealer and a Nissan Dealer and they ALL puuled Equifax!!!  I could not believe it!  After all of the research on here as to whom pulls what just does not seem to matter here in Central Florida!   My Eq. Auto Fico is AS BAD AS IT GETS at 525, which is 115 points lower than my Experian Auto score but they simply did not care!  Let me tell you after the last two days of humilation I'm done for two years!  My wifes truck will just have to make do because I'm NOT going through that again!  So much for research! Smiley Sad

Typically Auto dealers pull all three, but most Auto lending is done by Equifax report.

I thought you froze your EQ.

Message 18 of 24
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

Typically Auto dealers pull all three, but most Auto lending is done by Equifax report.

I did, but they "made" me un-freeze.  It is showing 590 now for EQ, but the auto for EQ 525...I really don't get it, since my other two are rebounding nicely, with EX Auto Enhanced being 640...Just don't get it.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@App_Addict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@App_Addict wrote:

I did, but they "made" me un-freeze.  It is showing 590 now for EQ, but the auto for EQ 525...I really don't get it, since my other two are rebounding nicely, with EX Auto Enhanced being 640...Just don't get it.

I hope this is a lesson in Auto shopping.

Try to get your lender lined up before you search for the car next time. You will be in a much better position walking in those doors. I would have refused to open up EQ on the basis that there is innacurate information on that bureau effectively telling them to go pound sand.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.