cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE!!!!!!!! Upside down seeking advice!!!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upside down seeking advice!!!!!!!!!

Certified PreOwned
Message 21 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thanks lol!Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

First take ur car into a Carmax and see what they offer u. Most time they r highest for trade in. After that bring ur car into a new car dealership and buy a new car and trade in one u have. Before trading in ask them to quote ur trade in I can say will be lower than Carmax but they will match cuz they wanna sell u a new car. With new car ur interest rate should be top tier. I just did that to my civic. Carmax offered me 14000 I went and got a Toyota Highlander. Toyota offered me 11500 for trade in and when I showed them Carmax offer they matched and beat by 500 giving me 14500 for it. Which was about to wipe it out. The civic I was at 7.75% of so after refi from 14%. Now my new loan with Toyota is 2.9 for 84 months 😁

Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you check your trade-in value at kbb or any other place?
Message 24 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carmax is king for savy buyers using them for trade values; also trry enterprise car sales for appraisal. You can look up your car value on-line but you may think the condition of the car is better or worse than the actual appraiser.  

Message 25 of 41
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

If you are prepared to pay about $100 more a month for your new car then I guess it's okay.

That is what I am dealing with and I don't want too, so I am going to do something about it.

Message 26 of 41
6speed8
Regular Contributor

I saw several posts back, you mentioned a Tiguan. Not to give the VW fan boys a heart attack lol, but I wouldn't. And I've owned multiple VW's and was a VW service advisor. Individually and as a family, we've had 6 VW's combined. Two were reliable as sunrise. My sister still has her 2005 Jetta since new. Yes it's 11 years and 150,000 miles old now, but the repairs started long ago. It doesn't break every day, but when it does, it's always $1000+. Me and my hubby are now on our third Hyundai/Kia product in 8 years - curently 2012 Kia Forte5 SX with 80,000 reliable miles, and my two month old 2015 Sonata Sport 2.0T Limited. Still "new" but a great car. And the Sonata is part of my long-winded point lol.

When I went car shopping, it was more as a "let's just see now rather than wait until later in the year". My scores were lower than yours. With my scores and income, Capital One pre-approved me for $17,000. With a $6000 down-payment in hand, that meant my cap was $23,000 out the door for whatever car. I let the dealer run my credit anyway. With my $6000 down payment, Hyundai Financial approved me at 4.9% with using the $2500 Factory cash back and the Hyundai Financial $2000 incentive all going towards the down payment. So essentially a $10,500 down payment and financing me for $4000 more than Cap One. Had Hyundai not approved me for the car I really wanted, I'd have waited until later this year to have more of a down payment on my own.

MORAL lol: A car that has some good cash-back offers whether factory or their financing, might help your upside down trade situation a lot.

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATE!!!!!!!! Upside down seeking advice!!!!!!!!!

yesterday June 2, 2016  

so after doing a a lil research I went on ahead and got pre approved from USAA I requested $38,100 after playing with the numbers I figured the most I would be upside is 3100 I found two vehicles that I liked but, also had incentives and rebtes vehicles resereched:

2015 Ford Edge sport with all the bells and whistles and the 2016 Audi Q3 premium 

took the vehicle to carmax $10,000 appraisle and thats where it stood at ford and Audi not this is where it get crazy.  I'm not upside down 3k I'm upside down $6,043

the 10 day payoff was $16,043 I was like WTH!!!!!!!!! I felt like that other guy on another post the never ending loan.

so I'm at the Audi dealership I just test drove the Q3 don't like it,  to small but its priced to cover the negative. I was relieved but the vehicle was too small so I told the sales lady.  I am going to have to pass and go with my second offer at the ford dearlership. she went and got the manager I explained to manager that I had already secured finacing through my credit union, he asked about my credit I showed him my fico scores and also told him the A3 was too small, he said what about the Q5 my eye lit up,  I told him I researched that option and it wouldn't be a good fit for my budget he said what if I can get U in a lease with the same payment as the honda I said we will have a deal

the deal came back $2800 for lease signing and payments of $554.87 for 36 months I honestly coudn't be happier  

Audi Q5 premium plus financed through VW credit leasing 

pulled auto scores 

EQ Facta beacon 09: 659

EX Fico Auto V8: 698

TU fico Auto 08: 718

Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATE!!!!!!!! Upside down seeking advice!!!!!!!!!

That looks like a very decent deal for the respective credit score, and a Q5 is a great vehicle. Did you get a 2.0 or a 3.0? 

Also pictures are mandatory Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 41
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

First take ur car into a Carmax and see what they offer u. Most time they r highest for trade in. After that bring ur car into a new car dealership and buy a new car and trade in one u have. Before trading in ask them to quote ur trade in I can say will be lower than Carmax but they will match cuz they wanna sell u a new car. With new car ur interest rate should be top tier. I just did that to my civic. Carmax offered me 14000 I went and got a Toyota Highlander. Toyota offered me 11500 for trade in and when I showed them Carmax offer they matched and beat by 500 giving me 14500 for it. Which was about to wipe it out. The civic I was at 7.75% of so after refi from 14%. Now my new loan with Toyota is 2.9 for 84 months 😁

Good advice.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.