Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Auto Loan Pending Issue

tag
BLAIX
Contributor

USAA Auto Loan Pending Issue

So I'm planning on buying a new car this week and was Pre-Approved for a 15k (they offered $18+) loan by USAA on 09/15/14. My APR isn't where I wanted it to be so I'll be adding a co-signer to the loan, which I was told I could do when I called for the loan initially. Calling in today to add said cosigner, I was told they couldn't use this loan and would need to do another pre-approval which meant another HP even though my last HP was less than thirty days ago. I asked the CSR why this was necessary since they JUST put a hit on my report and it was still current. We went back and forth for a few minutes but I had to get in to work so I ended the call a bit frustrated and told her I was thinking of just taking my money elsewhere (I've been having not so pleasant conversations with USAA as of late, I used to rave about them but their customer service seems extremely subpar as of late). Is there anything I can do to have them start a loan off my old pull? It seems ridiculous to take another HP to my score (not to mention I've opened 4 new CC since the auto loan pre approval). I'm just really peeved by all this and USAA is not getting on my better side lately.

Total Credit: $96,000. Total Utilization: 4%
[[Starting Score (10/2014): EQ: 674 | EX: 680 | TU: 745]] | [[Current Score (02/2020): EQ: 808 | EX: ??? | TU: 778]] | [[Goal Score: 800 Club]]
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA Auto Loan Pending Issue

It's a separate hard pull because you are changing the original application.

Once the original application is decisioned, any changes to the application require a new one, thus, a new HP.

If USAA codes them as an auto loan, you should be good to go as FICO will score them as one inquiry.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 6
BLAIX
Contributor

I have an auto loan currently (4years) through USAA for 5%. I've never missed a payment. They offered my new loan at 11%.

I bought my new car today at 2.99% with no cosigner. USAA can suck it from now on. I'm over it.

[[Starting Score (10/2014): EQ: 674 | EX: 680 | TU: 745]] | [[Current Score (02/2020): EQ: 808 | EX: ??? | TU: 778]] | [[Goal Score: 800 Club]]
Message 3 of 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@BLAIX wrote:

I have an auto loan currently (4years) through USAA for 5%. I've never missed a payment. They offered my new loan at 11%.

I bought my new car today at 2.99% with no cosigner. USAA can suck it from now on. I'm over it.

USAA was never competitive for me.  Not with Credit Lines, Interest Rates or even Insurance Rates.  I wrote them off a couple years ago.  

Message 4 of 6
BLAIX
Contributor

I just opened accounts with NASA and NFCU (yay!). I think I'll be moving all my checking/savings to NFCU and leave USAA open but in the past. Their lame CC will get no action and I don't think I'll be doing much with them anytime in the near future, which is unfortunate because I really used to love them. I hear great things about NFCU so I'm excited to be joining. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try NASA auto.  They gave me a sick 3.19% APR @ 36 months.  But my credit has no baddies in 6 years.  My experian was 691 with them.  And my car was a honda accord with about $4-5k of equity in it, so it was an easy approval i think in my case.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.