Senior Contributor

USAA Auto Pre-Selected

What do you think about it?     That 0.74% APR for 36 mouths Mmmmmmm image.jpg

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USAA Auto Pre-Selected

I clicked on the 'learn more' button and nothing happened!  j/k, couldnt resist.

I think 0.74 is a great rate (I will need a longer term) and I am seriously considering USAA for my next auto loan, and their 'purchasing service' uses True Car, 'sponsored by USAA'.

Their car buying service also works on Used Cars, didnt know that.

Message 2 of 16
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I clicked on the 'learn more' button and nothing happened!  j/k, couldnt resist.

I think 0.74 is a great rate (I will need a longer term) and I am seriously considering USAA for my next auto loan, and their 'purchasing service' uses True Car, 'sponsored by USAA'.

Their car buying service also works on Used Cars, didnt know that.

LOL.  I wish it was a little bit longer than 36 months but here's what to learn more next screen look like. 

image.jpg

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very good rates, I would be happy with the 60 month for 1.5%.

I am perfectly Ok with not getting the absolutely lowest rate out there if it is with a company I am comfortable doing business with, and I do like USAA.

Now I'm having trouble clicking on the 'apply now' button in your post.  I will restart my pc and clear the cookies and cache and try again.

Seriously though, looks like a great rate and terms.

Message 4 of 16
Appleman
Valued Contributor

In the original post it shows pre-selected for 4.25%. No way they are giving the lower rate (.75 %) to the OP. The teaser is that it can be that low if you use their car buying service.

I imagine the best they would do is .25 to .5 of the pre-SELECTED (read not approved) rate of 4.25.

Their loans are pretty easy but for the last few purchases the dealer has always beat USAA.

A few years back it was pre-approved, anymore pre-selected.

Good luck and hope you get a great rate.

Message 5 of 16
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very good rates, I would be happy with the 60 month for 1.5%.

I am perfectly Ok with not getting the absolutely lowest rate out there if it is with a company I am comfortable doing business with, and I do like USAA.

Now I'm having trouble clicking on the 'apply now' button in your post.  I will restart my pc and clear the cookies and cache and try again.

Seriously though, looks like a great rate and terms.

LOL. You know it didn't work for me neither stupid PCs. 60 month for 1.5% is a Very good rate. 

Message 6 of 16
theonlyway

I got the same pre-approval rate for 48 months. I recently applied for the loan through USAA and was approved for 2.75% and a limit up to $60,000 for 72 months. USAA credit card pre-approved for a CC with 12.99% and I applied and got 7.9 with a 16k limit. Those pre-approvals aren't always accurate.

Message 7 of 16
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

I just got approved by USAA for up to $75k at 4.99% for 72 months. Will be 4.49% if I buy through a USAA dealer. The rates are also for auto pay otherwise would have been higher. Going to pay out of my USAA accounts anyways so I didn't see a downside to agreeing to autopay. 

Message 8 of 16
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Bmac66 wrote:

I just got approved by USAA for up to $75k at 4.99% for 72 months. Will be 4.49% if I buy through a USAA dealer. The rates are also for auto pay otherwise would have been higher. Going to pay out of my USAA accounts anyways so I didn't see a downside to agreeing to autopay. 

NICE Congrats!!!!!   I don't see any downside to autopay neither. 

Message 9 of 16
nycplayboy78
Regular Contributor

My offer and I will get my new car this summer when it is built from from the Factory.....Hmmm I might have a war between DCU, PenFed, and USAA...I know where USAA stands.....LOL!!!

USAA Auto Loan Offer.jpg

EX08 801 EQ08 812 TU08 805 Total Credit Line: $100K+
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.