Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Auto loan Questions.

tag
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

USAA Auto loan Questions.

So im about ready to apply for USAA auto loan.... Questions....

It asks new or used. What if i choose used but then after loan approval i decide i want new?

If i ask for 30K will it counter offer with a different ammount if not approved for 30?

How long is the approval good for?

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA Auto loan Questions.

Your most reliable answers are going to come from USAA themselves. I have always found their phone reps to be courteous, helpful and friendly.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 8
Volpes
Regular Contributor

I can confirm that they will counter offer if they so desire. The approval is good for at least 1 month (can't remember).

Message 3 of 8
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

Sorry applied then went to work, forgot to post on here. Filled out the application before submitting i called rep and she was great!!! She answered all my questions. I filled out joint application for $26K and was approved for $28,600! (wife didn't have a fico due to her new credit history) My APR was 8.49% Smiley Sad due to 3 new CC accounts in the last 6 months. Pulled EQ 711. Told me to take offer and get a car and refinance in 8 months after CC's reach 1 year of history to get a better APR.

Over all im happy since my last car, 18 months ago, i had to have a co-signer. The interest rate on that was 9.9%

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
Message 4 of 8
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@CREDITSURFER wrote:

Sorry applied then went to work, forgot to post on here. Filled out the application before submitting i called rep and she was great!!! She answered all my questions. I filled out joint application for $26K and was approved for $28,600! (wife didn't have a fico due to her new credit history) My APR was 8.49% Smiley Sad due to 3 new CC accounts in the last 6 months. Told me to take offer and get a car and refinance in 8 months after CC's reach 1 year of history to get a besster APR.

Over all im happy since my last car, 18 months ago, i had to have a co-signer. The interest rate on that was 9.9%

A few weeks back I applied for an auto loan with them for 30k approved for 32.5k.  I remember getting a notice on my account that  if I was at the dealership and got a better rate that I could call and they would do their best to match it or beat it.  i was approved for 1.9 so I didn't think would have to call them.  Keep that in mind when you go to the dealership. 

Message 5 of 8
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

i will have to call USAA and ask them about that. That would be killer!!!! As i want the new Santa Fe Sport 2.0T with Saddle interior. @ 8.49% i will get a used 2012 Elantra.

Mouse over for CL
Message 6 of 8
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@CREDITSURFER wrote:

@i will have to call USAA and ask them about that. That would be killer!!!! As i want the new Santa Fe Sport 2.0T with Saddle interior. @ 8.49% i will get a used 2012 Elantra.

The new santa fe body style is real nice.  I am looking at the 2014 Ford Explorer Sport.  DW is tired of driving the Armada. 

Just not looking forward to 5 years of payments considering the Armada is paid off.

Message 7 of 8
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

New Explorer is VERY nice also. They look soo much better then my first car which was a Red/White 1995 Explorer 5spd from my parents for 2k.

I forgot to mention my approval was good until 9/9/13 for 45 days from USAA.

Mouse over for CL
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.