Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Car buying service?

tag
electra
Established Contributor

USAA Car buying service?

Has anyone used this?  If so, what was your experience? I'm considering getting a new BMW and looks like they might have a pretty good discount?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: USAA Car buying service?

I used it to get in contact with the dealers. It gets them all competing. Once in touch with the dealers, I was able to get a price below the USAA price.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 6
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

I got a new ford escape. The ford dealer beat the usaa price, but i still used usaa financing. I think you can save a quarter point on your usaa rate or something, but if you know the usaa price, you can almost for sure get another dealer to beat it and by enough that it negates the small savings on the financing rate.
Message 3 of 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Chris123nTx wrote:
I got a new ford escape. The ford dealer beat the usaa price, but i still used usaa financing. I think you can save a quarter point on your usaa rate or something, but if you know the usaa price, you can almost for sure get another dealer to beat it and by enough that it negates the small savings on the financing rate.

You can use the USAA service to get in touch with the dealer, then negotiate a better price.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 6
electra
Established Contributor

Thanks!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
JRomulus
Regular Contributor

I used USAA Car Buying Service to get my daughter a Jeep Wrangler 18 months ago.  Very pleased with the experience, worked just like tthey said.  Happy with the below MSRP price, was pretty close to dealer invoice

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.