Established Contributor
electra

USAA Car buying service?

Has anyone used this?  If so, what was your experience? I'm considering getting a new BMW and looks like they might have a pretty good discount?

Starting Score: TU:584 | EQ 584
Current Score: TU FICO: 711 | EQ FICO 713 | EX (USAA FAKO) 779
Goal Score: 780 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Dustink

Re: USAA Car buying service?

I used it to get in contact with the dealers. It gets them all competing. Once in touch with the dealers, I was able to get a price below the USAA price.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Frequent Contributor
Chris123nTx

I got a new ford escape. The ford dealer beat the usaa price, but i still used usaa financing. I think you can save a quarter point on your usaa rate or something, but if you know the usaa price, you can almost for sure get another dealer to beat it and by enough that it negates the small savings on the financing rate.
Valued Contributor
Dustink

Chris123nTx wrote:
I got a new ford escape. The ford dealer beat the usaa price, but i still used usaa financing. I think you can save a quarter point on your usaa rate or something, but if you know the usaa price, you can almost for sure get another dealer to beat it and by enough that it negates the small savings on the financing rate.

You can use the USAA service to get in touch with the dealer, then negotiate a better price.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Established Contributor
electra

Thanks!! :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: TU:584 | EQ 584
Current Score: TU FICO: 711 | EQ FICO 713 | EX (USAA FAKO) 779
Goal Score: 780 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
JRomulus

I used USAA Car Buying Service to get my daughter a Jeep Wrangler 18 months ago.  Very pleased with the experience, worked just like tthey said.  Happy with the below MSRP price, was pretty close to dealer invoice

Starting Score: TU 699 EQ 651 EX FAKO 705
Current Score: TU 724 EQ 714 EX FAKO 770
Goal Score: 760

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+