Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA

tag
kme45
New Visitor

USAA

Does anyone know what score you need to get the best auto loan rate with USAA? I'm at 803 with Experian which is who the use I believe, but I have heard they are extremely stringent when giving out their best rates. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: USAA

Normally Penfed will best USAA on their lowest rate. I suggest applying with PenFed for an auto loan.
Message 2 of 6
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

I'd agree, I apped for a refi through USAA with a 745 at the time and got approved for a dismal 5.6%. I decided not to refi and trade in and got 2.9% from BMW without even trying. Penfed has always beat USAA for me.

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 3 of 6
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Almost everyone beats USAA.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 4 of 6
Appleman
Valued Contributor

I would say you are in the running for the USAA best rate. As long income, history and DTI are all good it should be their best rate.

However, I use USAA, Penfed and NFCU. My vehicles are financed with PenFed, they had the best rates.

One credit pull to join, get an auto loan, credit card and PLOC if you so desire. USAA will hit you with a HP for each product.

YMMV

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't really answer this question without knowing the number of months and used or new but as others have said you would be better off with Penfed.  I use USAA for insurance, they are great for that but they are not great for car loan rates.  I have a car financed with Penfed and one with NFCU both under 3% for 72 months bought new and scores upper 600's at the time of the loans.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.