Did you mean: 

Unexpected car shopping

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Unexpected car shopping

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

USAA now has me at 1.91% for 72 month's to compete with Subaru's promo terms. Sweet!

Do you mean 1.99% for 72 months when you purchase through USAA car buying service?

Rate discount to compete with Chase.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 21 of 29
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

USAA now has me at 1.91% for 72 month's to compete with Subaru's promo terms. Sweet!

Do you mean 1.99% for 72 months when you purchase through USAA car buying service?

Rate discount to compete with Chase.

Outstanding auto loan rate! How did you get it? You asked USAA to match/beat Chase?

Message 22 of 29
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

The Infiniti q50 AWD hybrid drove very well. Great fuel mileage, quality finishes, and excellent fuel mileage. Though, you could buy two 200's for the price of a Q50.

You could.  I bought a fully loaded (meaning nav/sunroof/etc, albeit RWD) G37 for $34k but it probably doesn't have everything you're looking for.

Message 23 of 29
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

The Infiniti q50 AWD hybrid drove very well. Great fuel mileage, quality finishes, and excellent fuel mileage. Though, you could buy two 200's for the price of a Q50.

You could.  I bought a fully loaded (meaning nav/sunroof/etc, albeit RWD) G37 for $34k but it probably doesn't have everything you're looking for.

Yeah, the one I'm looking at has an MSRP of $53k. They would likely sell it for $45k with some negotiating, but still :/

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 24 of 29
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Outstanding auto loan rate! How did you get it? You asked USAA to match/beat Chase?

Yes, Subaru (Chase) promo terms are 1.9% for 72 months. I called them up and mentioned that. They put me on hold and came back with the adjusted rate. Not sure how it ended up at 1.91%, but I guess they know I will spring for the extra 0.01% haha.

Message 25 of 29
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Yes, Subaru (Chase) promo terms are 1.9% for 72 months. I called them up and mentioned that. They put me on hold and came back with the adjusted rate. Not sure how it ended up at 1.91%, but I guess they know I will spring for the extra 0.01% haha.

That's awesome! I hope USAA will do that for me too. I will ask them to match/beat DCU's 1.49% for up to 65 months.

Message 26 of 29
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

That's awesome! I hope USAA will do that for me too. I will ask them to match/beat DCU's 1.49% for up to 65 months.

I have just about every product they offer and have been a member for 16 years, which I am sure played a role.

Message 27 of 29
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Thanks Dustink!
Message 28 of 29
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Signed on a car yesterday. Ended up with a 2015 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited with Eyesight. MSRP was $34k, after paying off my trade in I ended up at $19k+TTL for a loan just over $21k. Loan is submitted through USAA at 0.99%% for 60 month's with a dealer back-up at 1.9% for 60 month's.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.