Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Up or down??

tag
texaspete2012
Established Member

Up or down??

Hello Folks,

I was wondering what you all thought about my chances of getting this Auto loan. 

Car. 2013 audi...$44,000

Me, Mid 30's, 120k in income, scores from ussa 705-715, rent $1200, No baddies, No bk, oldest card is 2 years, 4 inq in the past year

Do you think I will get the loan? If so why, if not why.

Thank You, all comments are greatly appreciated.

Amex Gold (NSL) 9/12
Chase Freedom (2200) 5/12
Citi Thank You Pref. (7000) 4/12
USAA AMEX (4000) 11/12
BOA VISA SIG CASH (5000) 12/12
Amex Gold Small Biz (NSL) 11/12
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
blackie1
Valued Member

Re: Up or down??

Will you get the loan and if so why, well lets see, 120K income 715 Fico, no BK or baddies, why on Gods green earth would you not get it??

2fst4u
Message 2 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

With what you posted you should be able to get a loan. Do you have anything to put down? Any previous auto loan history?

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 11
texaspete2012
Established Member

@Epcot wrote:
With what you posted you should be able to get a loan. Do you have anything to put down? Any previous auto loan history?

That's the rub. I have no auto or mortgage. Just CC revolvers. I have trade in for 4k, but that's it.

Amex Gold (NSL) 9/12
USAA AMEX (4000) 11/12
Message 4 of 11
texaspete2012
Established Member

@blackie1 wrote:

Will you get the loan and if so why, well lets see, 120K income 715 Fico, no BK or baddies, why on Gods green earth would you not get it??

Thanks for the post, and I hope folks  keep them coming.

I would say that I have no Auto loan on my file. That is for sure strike 1. Plus, the car is almost half my income. I would think those would be red flags.

Amex Gold (NSL) 9/12
USAA AMEX (4000) 11/12
Message 5 of 11
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@texaspete2012 wrote:

@blackie1 wrote:

Thanks for the post, and I hope people keep thme coming.

I would say that I have no Auto loan on my file. That is for sure strike 1. Plus, the car is almost half my income. I would think those would be red flags.

Not if you have $10-$15k to put down on the car. I would expect to get approved if you are only financing $29K. At that point, you should be aggressively negotiating price and interest rate.

Message 6 of 11
texaspete2012
Established Member

@bahbahd wrote:

@texaspete2012 wrote:

@blackie1 wrote:

Not if you have $10-$15k to put down on the car. I would expect to get approved if you are only financing $29K. At that point, you should be aggressively negotiating price and interest rate.

I dont really have the 10-15k to put into a down payment. I would rather go zero down + the trade. 

Amex Gold (NSL) 9/12
USAA AMEX (4000) 11/12
Message 7 of 11
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@texaspete2012 wrote:

@bahbahd wrote:

@texaspete2012 wrote:

@blackie1 wrote:

I dont really have the 10-15k to put into a down payment. I would rather go zero down + the trade. 

Something doesn't sound right. If you are making the income you posted - than putting down $15k+ given the expenses you mentioned shouldn't be an issue. If the income is new, then wait a couple of months and you will have the savings.  I'm thinking about DTI, what are your ratios with and without the potential auto loan? I think you will have a difficult time getting a loan of this size with zero down (just the $4k trade) and no auto loan on your cr report. JMO.

Message 8 of 11
texaspete2012
Established Member

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@texaspete2012 wrote:

@bahbahd wrote:

@texaspete2012 wrote:

@blackie1 wrote:

Something doesn't sound right. If you are making the income you posted - than putting down $15k+ given the expenses you mentioned shouldn't be an issue. If the income is new, then wait a couple of months and you will have the savings.  I'm thinking about DTI, what are your ratios with and without the potential auto loan? I think you will have a difficult time getting a loan of this size with zero down (just the $4k trade) and no auto loan on your cr report. JMO.

My total cc debt is $3000, my  credit limits add up to $10200. So my utilzation is roughly 30%. I would rather not put 15k up front currently. I want to buy a house in the next two years and I am building savings. 

Amex Gold (NSL) 9/12
USAA AMEX (4000) 11/12
Message 9 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

You can get the car with no problem. For the best rates do a small secured loan for 6 months before you get the car; the inatallment history will boost your auto enhanced fico.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.