cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update- DCU refi approved- 15.98 refinanced to 3.99!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update- DCU refi approved- 15.98 refinanced to 4.49!

Congrats Swampthing, sounds like it was a great success. 

Point of clarification: EQ 04 is what my fico calls the Mortgage Score 5?

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes but it was higher than I expected for that score. I feel like it might have been 8.
Message 12 of 20
wuzzielog
Established Member

Could anyone tell me who DCU is? I've researched on the forums and would like to refi my auto loan as well, but I cannot locate anything.

Thanks for your help.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google digital federal credit union. They're in New England but you can join with a ten dollar donation to a charity. They pull equifax. You can read up on them in the forums. Been a great experience for me.
Message 14 of 20
wuzzielog
Established Member

Will do thank you!

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am wanting to refi the vehicle we just got pre discharge a week ago, what score do you need to qualify for a refi with DCU and will they refi once we are discharged? Our rate is 17.18% with a $499 a month car note starting Aug 19th. I don't want to pay this high rate for 72 months. Thanks for the help.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Just went through the same process today, feels so good to get rid of subprime rates Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update- DCU refi approved- 15.98 refinanced to 3.99!

I'm not sure about the discharge. Some people get declined but not sure what informs that. I got my refi with scores in my signature (non mobile one). My local CU wouldn't touch me with a lending product even though I have a slew of deposit products with them. I would keep an eye on it. I rode out high rates for a couple of years. I did refi once less than a year but rate was still high.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would advise you to call them. But frankly with your scores, I do not think you will get anywhere. You're painfully far from where most institutions would consider minimally acceptable. 

Message 19 of 20
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

Luv2Cruise you will not get in with DCU at your current level.  Your going to need to pay on your current loan for at least a year and work on bringing your score up after bankruptcy.  Unfortunately your score is likely to fall lower once the auto loan reports.  If you manage your credit well for the next year I think you would have a decent shot at a refi below 5%

Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.