cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on my auto loan situation--got a call from the salesman..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on my auto loan situation--got a call from the salesman..

He called and said that they found a lender, but I would have to talk to their finance guy who does "special" loans for borrowers with credit challenges.  He also said that this finance guy will be the one to help me find a car.  My concern was that they will try to set me up with some "buy here pay here" deal and I was against that. He told me it's NOT that type of deal.  I told him that I still wanted the one van and he said that I have to sit down with this finance salesman guy to discuss it further.  His last words to me is that YES, they can help me.  I can't understand why this same guy can't remain my salesman, since they work at the same dealership. 

I have a bad feeling they are going to try to stick me with some car that has 100K miles on it.  I will NOT accept any type of "deal" like that.  Part of me just wants to give up and work on my credit and try again next year.  That's probably what is going to happen, but I will go talk to this finance guy to see what he has to say.   We'll see what happens.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update on my auto loan situation--got a call from the salesman..

@Anonymous wrote:

He called and said that they found a lender, but I would have to talk to their finance guy who does "special" loans for borrowers with credit challenges.  He also said that this finance guy will be the one to help me find a car.  My concern was that they will try to set me up with some "buy here pay here" deal and I was against that. He told me it's NOT that type of deal.  I told him that I still wanted the one van and he said that I have to sit down with this finance salesman guy to discuss it further.  His last words to me is that YES, they can help me.  I can't understand why this same guy can't remain my salesman, since they work at the same dealership. 

I have a bad feeling they are going to try to stick me with some car that has 100K miles on it.  I will NOT accept any type of "deal" like that.  Part of me just wants to give up and work on my credit and try again next year.  That's probably what is going to happen, but I will go talk to this finance guy to see what he has to say.   We'll see what happens.

I was kinda thinking something like that had happened.

You see when someone's credit is so bad they have to go full blown to special finance, that is the guy that handles the deal. he is the pro at the dealerhip that knows the inns and outs of all the lenders he deals with that deal with the credit challenged. He was probably off Friday, and then could not get to you on Saturday due to all the Saturday business.

He works with the lenders to find out what vehicle with what you, the customer, have will structure the best for lenders.

Your original salesman will get some credit for the deal

The big issue in this is he has to find the vehicle that looks the best with what you have that will get bought. it may or may not be the van you want, but in all honesty will not be a 100K mile vehicle- special finance banks know that selling a 100K vehicle will just be selling you a car that will need repairs- and most people do not like to make payments on vehicles that need repairs.

i think in all honesty you are making a big mistake trying for this van. This is another case of you putting your needs behind others. You do not need a less economic car as you drive for work. You rmom does no live with you, so if you can struggle with her chair in your car you are better off. You need to tough it out.

Message 2 of 3
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Update on my auto loan situation--got a call from the salesman..

I would also agree you need take care of yourself first and while it may not be possible to get the van you want right now, it is possible to repair your credit right now so please look in the credit reapir section of this forum and there are some smart poeple there who can help you down the road to credit recovery.  It may take some down but you will get there.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.