Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Urgent Question

Hi,

I am looking to buy a used Infiniti and pre approved for 30k. I am going to other dealers as well and they pulled my credit too..

DCU Pulled Equifax, now the other guys pulled Transunion.

What happens now? All these will be counted as separate inquiries or just one? I have to apply a for a Barclays who will pull TU.. Will this be a problem for me???

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Urgent Question

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I am looking to buy a used Infiniti and pre approved for 30k. I am going to other dealers as well and they pulled my credit too..

DCU Pulled Equifax, now the other guys pulled Transunion.

What happens now? All these will be counted as separate inquiries or just one? I have to apply a for a Barclays who will pull TU.. Will this be a problem for me???

It shouldn't be a problem.

FICO scoring has a "de-duplication window" and it looks at your history for the last 12 months, and when it sees two or more hard inqs for the same type of mortgage or auto loan it will ignore all but one of them as far as scoring is concerned. If the lender is using an older FICO scoring model the window is 14 days, if they are using the newest model it can be up to 45 days. Also keep in mind that even though the multiple inqs count as one in FICO scoring, all of the inqs will continue to show on your reports (that is, reports pulled from sites other than myfico) for up to 2 years.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".
Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Urgent Question

Marine is right, your FICO impact should minimal. However if for some reason Barclays doesn't like the inquiries, just call their backdoor # and recon. Their Credit analysts are very easy to work with and friendly IME.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.