Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Member
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎05-10-2008
0

Used car

Hi , haven't been here for quite a while now but I my great "grandpa car" just decided it only wants to go in reverse so I'm forced to get another ride. Am going to a Toyota dealer tomorrow and wanted to ask if I have a chance there. I joined a credit union last month and they told me my experion score was 799 (I was amazed,never thought it was near that). My credit cards are hemorrhaging though ,since x-mas and being in a rental for the  the last month. I have no lates,or any baddies on my reports but ... Am looking at a '06 Sentra at about $5900. Any suggestion on what  I should expect? I haven't had to finance in about 30 years so I'm really out of the loop here. Thanks. 

New Visitor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎03-02-2014
0

Re: Used car

[ Edited ]

HI,

I think you should discuss this issue with the credit unions.They can guide you on this issue properly.Are you selling that used car? Then you can take help of the insurance company or talk to any authorized car dealer about this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[MOD CUT] link to website ~ Lexie

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,298
Registered: ‎02-12-2014
0

Re: Used car

Yeah, a long credit history leads to a high score. Smiley Wink  Any baddies on your credit (late pays, liens, judgments, chargoffs)?

 

You should be fine as long as income is above 2k/month before taxes and your DTI isn't too high. At a CU like DCU you'd qualify for 1.99% for 65 months if youe EQ FICO is 675+, which it should be if EX is 799.

 

If you go to a dealership, make sure you don't pay more than 3-4%...I do recommend applying to a local bank/CU or DCU first before going to a dealer. Also try negotiating by email for the car, though that maybe harder for used cars.

For an urgent question Monday thru Fridays, feel free to email me directly remembermyfico //at// gmail /dot/ com if you need a response in 24 hours.
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 251
Registered: ‎08-14-2013
0

Re: Used car


Remember0 wrote:

Yeah, a long credit history leads to a high score. Smiley Wink  Any baddies on your credit (late pays, liens, judgments, chargoffs)?

 

You should be fine as long as income is above 2k/month before taxes and your DTI isn't too high. At a CU like DCU you'd qualify for 1.99% for 65 months if youe EQ FICO is 675+, which it should be if EX is 799.

 

If you go to a dealership, make sure you don't pay more than 3-4%...I do recommend applying to a local bank/CU or DCU first before going to a dealer. Also try negotiating by email for the car, though that maybe harder for used cars.


I'm a total newb to the AL world. Is this true for everyone? I have no baddies and my TU as of last month was 753. So I am guaranteed a 1.99% for a used or new car AL? My income would support my price. TIA

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,298
Registered: ‎02-12-2014
0

Re: Used car


Lin55 wrote:

I'm a total newb to the AL world. Is this true for everyone? I have no baddies and my TU as of last month was 753. So I am guaranteed a 1.99% for a used or new car AL? My income would support my price. TIA


Yes, pretty much. Unless there was a baddie on EQ that wasn't on TU, there's no way a score is going to differ that much without extra baddies on one report vs. another. Algorithms do cause slight variation between bureaus but not a below 675 to above 750 differential.

 

Only other caveat is that 750 FICO? If it's a fake FICO from like Creditkarma, I make no guarantees. If it's a FICO though and your EQ also has no baddies, you'll definitely qualify for 1.99% with DCU assuming stuff like income (gross > 1.5-2k/month, depending on finance company), LTV, and DTI is fine.

For an urgent question Monday thru Fridays, feel free to email me directly remembermyfico //at// gmail /dot/ com if you need a response in 24 hours.
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 251
Registered: ‎08-14-2013
0

Re: Used car


Remember0 wrote:

Yes, pretty much. Unless there was a baddie on EQ that wasn't on TU, there's no way a score is going to differ that much without extra baddies on one report vs. another. Algorithms do cause slight variation between bureaus but not a below 675 to above 750 differential.

 

Only other caveat is that 750 FICO? If it's a fake FICO from like Creditkarma, I make no guarantees. If it's a FICO though and your EQ also has no baddies, you'll definitely qualify for 1.99% with DCU assuming stuff like income (gross > 1.5-2k/month, depending on finance company), LTV, and DTI is fine.


Thanks for the info! My 753 TU FICO is from Discover's TU08 FICO so it's legit. I have no baddies on all 3 CRAs. 

 

My FAKOs are all in the 730s. 

 

thanks again!

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 251
Registered: ‎08-14-2013
0

Re: Used car

Another Q: Can I still get the 1.99% rate if I do not bank with DCU?

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,298
Registered: ‎02-12-2014
0

Re: Used car

Your EQ FICO has to be above 675 with no FICO. If you haven't applied yet, DCU actually reduced their rate. It's now 1.24% for 65 months if you bank with them, 1.74% for 65 months if you don't bank with them!

For an urgent question Monday thru Fridays, feel free to email me directly remembermyfico //at// gmail /dot/ com if you need a response in 24 hours.
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 251
Registered: ‎08-14-2013
0

Re: Used car


Remember0 wrote:

Your EQ FICO has to be above 675 with no FICO. If you haven't applied yet, DCU actually reduced their rate. It's now 1.24% for 65 months if you bank with them, 1.74% for 65 months if you don't bank with them!


NICE

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.