cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VW Credit

tag
4sarahg

VW Credit

I am super excited that I was approved for 0% interest on the purchase of my new car.  VW pulled my Transunion score and thank goodness that it was 708 high enough to qualify for 0 interest.  I must say that my first dealer experience was very pleasant and I felt like I was in control and not the salesman.  I can say that it certainly pays off to do your research and keep track of your credit.  The Fico forums have been very beneficial and I will continue to use it so I can be in the 800 club soon!!!!!!!

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 678
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
elzgarland
Valued Member

Re: VW Credit

Congratulations!! Smiley Wink I hope to hit 700 soon....

Message 2 of 14
hunter399
New Contributor

I've had a few cars financed (or leaded) thru VCI (vw credit) ... they're great. If you ever need to deal with their customer service, they seem to be on top of their stuff and very nice. 

Message 3 of 14
mrsbagalot1222
Established Member

Congrats!!! Did you get a Buggy???

~Current Wallet: NFCU Signature CashRewards Visa $5000/AAFES Military Star Card $3600/NFCU NavCheck $1500/Applied Bank $700/Amazon GE $700/Walmart GE $500/Credit One $500/Paypal Smart Connect $300/Orchard Bank: $300/WFNNB-Comenity Bank:Victoria's Secret $300/Express $250/New York&Company $250~
Message 4 of 14
4sarahg

No I did not get a buggy.  My husband and I decided on the the Jetta TDI Cup Edition. It's a diesel engine and gets about 42 mpg with gas prices going up we need an economical car but without losing it's style. 

Message 5 of 14
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats ...

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. So VW is approving people in the high 600's ? I  hope to have a 690 by the time im ready to go have a chat with them

Message 7 of 14
4sarahg

In response to your message, I have not updated my FICO Challenge scores but here is some info.  VW creditors only pull your  Transunion score for the loan.  As of last week my score is in the 700's but this I know for sure is that you need a 700 or higher in order to qualify for a 0% interest loan.  If and when you are ready to purchase a vehicle check your scores ahead of time and ask the salesman which one they use to check your credit if  TU EXP or EQ.  Good luck with your endeavors.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@4sarahg wrote:

In response to your message, I have not updated my FICO Challenge scores but here is some info.  VW creditors only pull your  Transunion score for the loan.  As of last week my score is in the 700's but this I know for sure is that you need a 700 or higher in order to qualify for a 0% interest loan.  If and when you are ready to purchase a vehicle check your scores ahead of time and ask the salesman which one they use to check your credit if  TU EXP or EQ.  Good luck with your endeavors.

thanks for the heads-up! it all makes more sense now that you mentione dyou re in the 700 club.

Message 9 of 14
hunter399
New Contributor

@4sarahg wrote:

This is slightly misleading ....... 

When buying a car, you will usually have your credit pulled twice. This practice is used by the dealer as a negotiating tool. 

1) DEALERSHIP runs your credit, usually pulls all 3, with scores. 

2) LENDER will then pull your credit AGAIN. Each lender the dealer submits too will probably also pull your report(s). 

If you KNOW your credit is a-tier, demand that the dealer not run your credit, and submit direct to the factory bank. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.