Did you mean: 

VW Lease

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

VW Lease

Currently looking at the 2017 VW Jetta GLI

MSRP: 30,375

SELLING PRICE: 23000 (ABOUT 7400 IN REBATES)

TRADE: 2017 NISSAN ALTIMA (OWE 31700 APPROX.) TRADE IN VALUE: ABOUT 20K

LOOKING TO PUT LIKE: 5K DOWN

TU CREDIT SCORE WAS 684 WHEN DEALER PULLED IT

WHAT ARE THERE TIERS AND ARE THEY A GOOD COMPANY TO LEASE WITH?

AND WOULD A DEALER LET ME PUT THE 5K DOWN ON MY CREDIT CARD?

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
@ 1.74
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: VW Lease

Each dealer will be different related to the amount you can pay on a credit card.

You have $11,700 in negative equity which can be covered by the VW rebate and your money down.

With the issues at VW they are likely to work with you. This is one way to get rid of negative equity over the course of 3-5 years. Make sure GAP insurance is incliuded and that you really like this car.

Message 2 of 6
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

Each dealer will be different related to the amount you can pay on a credit card.

You have $11,700 in negative equity which can be covered by the VW rebate and your money down.

With the issues at VW they are likely to work with you. This is one way to get rid of negative equity over the course of 3-5 years. Make sure GAP insurance is incliuded and that you really like this car.

I really love the car and Yes I always make sure I have GAP

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
@ 1.74
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My dad actually purchased a NEW 2015 Passat TDI Two weeks ago. I guess they fixed the emissions problems and got approval to sell them. He got a 8500 rebate for it with a 682 transunion score.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you heard about DSR Leasing? My friend told me that they are a trusted dealer as he was dealing with them for all of their leased car. I am also looking to lease for the 2017 Volkswage CC this year. Hope that I can find great deal with it.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you heard about DSR Leasing? My friend told me that they are a trusted dealer as he was dealing with them for all of their leased car. I am also looking to lease for the 2017 Volkswage CC this year. Hope that I can find great deal with it.

I wouldn't recommend DSR Leasing to anyone on here.  A friend tried them and they want money up front on a "retained basis" to even begin the search for a new vehicle.  Not worth it in my opinion.

OP, Can you try seeing if you can get more for your current car privately before trading it in to lessen the negative equity?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.