Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle Repossession Dispute

tag
officerfarva11
New Visitor

Vehicle Repossession Dispute

I am wondering if my vehicle breaking down a month after I bought it is enough to dispute it? I also would like to know whether or not after it was repo'd; I started making payments and they still reported it as a collection and should I take enough time to get rid of the collection status. I have paid off this repossession now. Just FYI.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Vehicle Repossession Dispute

@officerfarva11 wrote:

I am wondering if my vehicle breaking down a month after I bought it is enough to dispute it? I also would like to know whether or not after it was repo'd; I started making payments and they still reported it as a collection and should I take enough time to get rid of the collection status. I have paid off this repossession now. Just FYI.

I would say No to your first question ~ you're responsible for paying the note regardless of whether the car drives or not.    Did the car come with a warranty ?

If you have paid it now, I'd start sending GW letters to request that they remove the derogatory information from your credit reports.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
officerfarva11
New Visitor

What exactly is a GW letter?

Message 3 of 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@officerfarva11 wrote:

What exactly is a GW letter?

A GW letter is a Goodwill Letter

I suggest you spend some time reading around the site.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.