cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volkswagen Lease, OH BOY

tag

Volkswagen Lease, OH BOY

I went to my local dealarship the other day looking for a car for my daughers first car, she will be 16 next week. I'm about to take the deal ! Yours thoughts on the terms.?

Pulled Transuion: 744

APPROVED/ VW Financial Serivces (TIER 1 FINANCING)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta SEL Sedan - Nav, leather, sunroof

$252.00/Month with absoultely no money down

36 Months/ 10,000 Miles

The deal is very appealing since I pay three times more for the wifes car lol... Do u think im getting ripped off with this deal, Could it be lower!

Amex Platinum Amex Blue - 30k Chase Freedom - $25k Discover IT 22K Lowes - $24k Citi ThankYou 16k Amex Delta 15k
Home Depot - 18k Bloomingdales - $12k Nordstrom - 8k Saks 6k
Macys 5k Walmart 3k Vic Secret 1.5
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
GWilliam
Valued Member

Re: Volkswagen Lease, OH BOY

That is a good deal, but I would ask for more mileage like 12,000 or 13,500 annual mileage for the same deal.

Starting Score: EQ 530 TU 550
Current Score: EQ 693 TU 697
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8

@GWilliam wrote:

That is a good deal, but I would ask for more mileage like 12,000 or 13,500 annual mileage for the same deal.

she is only 15 , i dont think she will need more then 10k a year

Amex Platinum Amex Blue - 30k Chase Freedom - $25k Discover IT 22K Lowes - $24k Citi ThankYou 16k Amex Delta 15k
Home Depot - 18k Bloomingdales - $12k Nordstrom - 8k Saks 6k
Macys 5k Walmart 3k Vic Secret 1.5
Message 3 of 8
Hoya08
Regular Contributor

Can't tell if it's a good deal without the lease details: money factor, agreed price, MSRP, and residual value.

But if you recieved their top tier rates, it's probably as good as it gets.

Message 4 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I'd look at it this way ~ you're paying at a minimum 30¢ / mile to rent a car for 3 years.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 8
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
I'd look at it this way ~ you're paying at a minimum 30¢ / mile to rent a car for 3 years.

+1  And, I want to point out what happens in high school student parking lots.  The potential for damage to that car is very high.  I'm speaking from experience.  My son is 16 and we let him drive a 9-year old Toyota truck that we have.  He got his license in December, and in just 6 months, the truck has been hit twice in the school parking lot.  Neither instance was my son's fault - it was other kids backing their vehicles into our truck.  The parking lots at schools are full of inexperienced drivers.  Don't give them a brand new car as a target.  lol

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 6 of 8
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@CribDuchess wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

+1  And, I want to point out what happens in high school student parking lots.  The potential for damage to that car is very high.  I'm speaking from experience.  My son is 16 and we let him drive a 9-year old Toyota truck that we have.  He got his license in December, and in just 6 months, the truck has been hit twice in the school parking lot.  Neither instance was my son's fault - it was other kids backing their vehicles into our truck.  The parking lots at schools are full of inexperienced drivers.  Don't give them a brand new car as a target.  lol

Plus full coverage on the car for a 16 year old driver is gonna cost a pretty penney also.

Message 7 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

^^^^Exactly.

That car will look like a bumper car at the end of the lease - full of dents and dings and out right crumples.

If you feel compelled to get her a vehicle, at least buy it and don't lease it. There are other criteria in the lease that a 16 yr old just won't be able to meet - mainly condition of the vehicle at the time you/she turns it in. At least if you own it you won't have those long term repercussions at the end of the lease. Plus it will get her through her initial years of learning to drive. Also, I found out, when my daughters were her age, it was better to buy them (one) vehicle and let them pay the insurance. You would be surprised at how much better they drive when they pay their own insurance.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.