Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary repo or another option.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Voluntary repo or another option.

Long story short.. We just bought a car in January. Same old story, had a car that wasn't paid off .. Breaking down. Traded it in for a brand new car in Jan. Got notice of a family emergency overseas and needing to move back asap. Local bank won't give me a letter because we aren't military. Only option is to refinance thru a bank they have over there to be able to ship. Problem is no bank will refinance me with $10,000 negative equity. With that said I have a family emergency and need to fly my family of 4 back (that will cost us $8,500 alone) We do not own any credits cards and do not have an extra $10,000 laying around to balance it out. This is the last thing to deal with to be able to move. We have never been late on any payments and I have a stable job that I make more money at back at home. What are the options? At this point to save the stress I am about to voluntarily repo it and it's not due to not being able to pay. But I cannot leave the car here with anyone.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Voluntary repo or another option.

Take the car into the bank and tell them you're early turning it over and make sure t take the car into the bank and tell them you're early turning it over hey have forward address and deal with it after it's been sold

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.