cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT BANKS OR LOAN COMPANY ONLY USED EQUIFAX?

tag
CMORALES20

WHAT BANKS OR LOAN COMPANY ONLY USED EQUIFAX?

MY CREDIT SCORE IS HIGHER WITH EQUIFAX. IM TRYING TO GET A GOOD INTREST RATE ON A CAR LOAN.
Message Edited by CMORALES20 on 07-15-2009 11:23 PM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
tracy829
Valued Member

Re: WHAT BANKS OR LOAN COMPANY ONLY USED EQUIFAX?

I just went for an auto loan yesturday and the loan officer told me (im in minnesota)  that EQ is the agency mainly used in the Midwest, this i did not know.   I never knew it went by territory,  which really sucks for me because TU is my highest score.

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 640
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

See the threads on this board for Alliant Credit Union.  They pull EQ only when you open an account, when you apply online, theyoffer cards, auto loans, etc. if you qualify...all for that one same EQ pull.

Please read the Alliant threads for extensive detailed info on the procedures, requirements, etc.

Good luck, and welcome to the forum!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So does anybody know which banks pull euifax for car loans?

Message 4 of 11
Tomoslx2
Established Member

It depends on what region you live in. Mod Cut 

I am a Finance Manager for a dealership.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Kentucky. I do know that some banks pull from equifax and some dont. I would like to know what banks deal with the dealership that use equifax.

Message 6 of 11
YHWHUDAH
Regular Contributor

Penfed and USAA only pulled EQ for me...

Capital One Cash World MasterCard 7500, PenFed World Visa 6500, USAA Military Affiliate Visa 2000, Capital One Platinum 2500, Affas Military Star Card 8700, Affas Take It Home Today 4900, Orchard Bank Platinum 1500, Orchard Bank Silver 1300, Lowes 5000 and Chase 500.

Closed on USAA Mortgage Dec 23, USAA Auto Loan 42000 Mercedes Dec 30

Credit Scores: EQ 656 TU 669 EX 679 All Lender Pulls Oct 2011
Message 7 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@YHWHUDAH wrote:

Penfed and USAA only pulled EQ for me...

Oi, on which product?  I know Penfed only pulled EQ for my membership priveleges, for an autoloan Roadloans (Santander) only pulled EQ, and Orchard / HSBC only pulled EQ on a credit card application.

EQ somehow is missing my albatross on my credit report Smiley Wink

        
Message 8 of 11
YHWHUDAH
Regular Contributor

Revelate,

Ok, I am not sure who they pulled for membership, because I been a member since 2005.  I recently applied for a credit card and they pulled EQ. Once they came back with an approval they automatically approve me for an auto loan @ 1.99 for 34500.  For me USAA pulls EQ for all there products. I am in NC.

Capital One Cash World MasterCard 7500, PenFed World Visa 6500, USAA Military Affiliate Visa 2000, Capital One Platinum 2500, Affas Military Star Card 8700, Affas Take It Home Today 4900, Orchard Bank Platinum 1500, Orchard Bank Silver 1300, Lowes 5000 and Chase 500.

Closed on USAA Mortgage Dec 23, USAA Auto Loan 42000 Mercedes Dec 30

Credit Scores: EQ 656 TU 669 EX 679 All Lender Pulls Oct 2011
Message 9 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting, I knew it varied by region (e.g. Experian appears to have a lot more reporters out west so is the defacto pull for most CA lenders for best resolution); however, I sort of thought most of the bigger names would pull all three.

Thanks!

        
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.