cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT BANKS OR LOAN COMPANY ONLY USED EQUIFAX?

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: WHAT BANKS OR LOAN COMPANY ONLY USED EQUIFAX?

In October I was looking to buy a newer used car.  I needed to find an Experien dealer as that score was 714 VS the 660's of the other two.

I called the dealers i wanted to take my business to and found out that Subaru used EX.  That was exactly what I wanted and had the Forester of my dreams.  Subaru is financed by CHASE, who turned me down bc of the bankruptcy in 2005.  Another bank they had offered 12-15 percent. 

I had read all the info about Auto Enhanced FICO's from the stickie above, which armed me with tons of knowledge.  The finance manager knew I wasn't going to get scammed into some b.s. rate.  He let me take the car and then Monday morning called me, and told me he had convinced the local CU to use my EX score even though that CU pulls EQ.  I got a 5.24% rate, no down payment.

The last auto I bought I paid 24.9% until I got it refied after a year.  So going from 25 to 5 is pretty damn nifty.

Just CALL AROUND, make sure you read everyrthing about how dealerships work, and get 'r done!

Good Luck!!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.