Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHO to get for Used Auto loan ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHO to get for Used Auto loan ??

Hey guys!  So as follow up to my post last week, my partner totaled his car -- and had some high balances reporting weighing scores down around 630-640 ranges.  Well we were able to pay a bit of those down and got scores now ranging as follows:

EXP:  FICO 08:  680   FICO 05 (CUs usually pull this):  666  FICO 08 Auto:  670

TU:   FICO 08:   702   FICO 04:  ("     " )      690                   FICO 08 Auto:   693

EQ:  FROZEN

Not sure why TU is always much higher than all other bureaus (even for my own credit) -- but in CALI most lenders seem to pull EXP which still is decent - my local CU quoted a rate of about 5-6% with a 666 FICO.  WAYYYYY better than Crapital 1 12-19%.  

So, are there any online lenders or CUs we should look at?  Any lenders or dealerships that we know pull TU, or can we request they pull TU??  EXACT same info on both CRs, but differing scores.  In southern Cali here.  

Thanks all for any input!  Trying to help get the best rate possilbe here!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WHO to get for Used Auto loan ??

Tons of people go to DCU
Message 2 of 4
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Tons of people go to DCU

+1

DCU gave me 1.74% on a used vehicle back when my FICO 8 was averaging about 680-685. I am actually currently in the process of making them my primary CU. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed, NFCU, USAA

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.