Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOOHOO REFI

tag
NikJ4
Established Contributor

WOOHOO REFI

I was able to refi my vehicle thru the Generations FCU here in my city a month after purchasing a vehicle. I went from a jacked up 18% from GM Financial/Americredit to 6%. Cant get any sweeter than that for me. Then on top of all of this, I have not made the first payment and now with the new loan, my first payment isnt due until Aug 1st. WOOHOO!!!! Can you say WINNING!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WOOHOO REFI

Congrats! Just make sure they send in the payoff check before your payment is due; otherwise you can be penalized
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 7
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Will do. Thanks
Message 3 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the refi ~ that's a huge rate drop.   How much lower will your monthly payments be ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@NikJ4 wrote:

I was able to refi my vehicle thru the Generations FCU here in my city a month after purchasing a vehicle. I went from a jacked up 18% from GM Financial/Americredit to 6%. Cant get any sweeter than that for me. Then on top of all of this, I have not made the first payment and now with the new loan, my first payment isnt due until Aug 1st. WOOHOO!!!! Can you say WINNING!

After one month?  Damn Smiley Wink.

Oh well, I've already paid out my auto loan through December so I guess I'll idle on the tradeline as planned for another two months.  That's completely excellent, many congrats senorita!

        
Message 5 of 7
NikJ4
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Congrats on the refi ~ that's a huge rate drop.   How much lower will your monthly payments be ?

$200 a month.... 18% down to 6% was a HUGE savings

Message 6 of 7
NikJ4
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@NikJ4 wrote:

After one month?  Damn Smiley Wink.

Oh well, I've already paid out my auto loan through December so I guess I'll idle on the tradeline as planned for another two months.  That's completely excellent, many congrats senorita!

thru Dec? Sweret! Thanks a bunch. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.