cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walked in with Cap One 3.5-11.5% pre-approval. DROVE out with Hyundai Financial 4.9%

tag
6speed8
Regular Contributor

Walked in with Cap One 3.5-11.5% pre-approval. DROVE out with Hyundai Financial 4.9%

MUCH sooner than planned but I couldn't let it pass. I was monitoring inventory of several dealers. This particular one still had seven 2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T Limited's on the lot. Finance guy of course wanted to run me through other credit sources. I knew that going in. I figured I had nothing to lose because I don't "NEED" a car. I "WANT" a car since I'm basically retired/disabled. No job to rush off to lol. If it didn't work out within my parameters, I was going to shake hands, thank them for their time and revisit in the fall.

Finance manager: "So if this deal doesn't work out, you're not willing to take any other car ?'

ME: "I'm not taking any car just for the sake of taking a car. If this doesn't work out, like I said, thanks for your time and see you in the fall maybe."

$6000 in hand for down payment. So he took that to Hyundai Financial. With $2500 factory rebate and Hyundai Financial $2000 rebate since it's a 2015 on their lot for 8 months, it was basically $10,500 down. So I now have a 2015 Sonata Sport 2.0T Limited in Quartz White with black interior (Orance stitchinhg/piping) Loaded. Nav, Android auto, panorama sunroof, heated front and rear seats, ventilated front, dual zone climate control yadda yadda yadda lol.$330 a month. Well within my budget. Gieco gave us a multi-car discount. Plus, with all the safety features, it's actually costing less than the 2012 Forte. $256 a month for both cars with full coverage.

I figured NO WAY would Hyundai touch me with a 9 month old discharge even at 49% lol but with a $10,000 down-payment, I guess they're fine lol.

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

Re: Walked in with Cap One 3.5-11.5% pre-approval. DROVE out with Hyundai Financial 4.9%

Congratulations!

I got the Santa Fe Limited too. Hyundai Financial is much more reasonable and easier to deal with. I looked at the Honda Pilot and the dealer wanted every penny of the MSRP. So I drove another block to the Hyundai dealership and they made me feel like I was winning as soon as I stepped through the doors.

Enjoy your new ride.
I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walked in with Cap One 3.5-11.5% pre-approval. DROVE out with Hyundai Financial 4.9%

Congrats!!! Hope you'll post some pics!
I'm in the same position almost, I WANT a car, don't need one, but a couple perfect ones have popped up the past few weeks, and I have a prequal from Cap1 for 4.25% for the year I want. Very tempting!!
Message 3 of 16
6speed8
Regular Contributor

Thanks. can I link Photobucket pics to the forum ?

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 4 of 16
6speed8
Regular Contributor

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup! Or you can even upload them right from your computer! Just click Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 2.58.54 PM.png this button, and it gives you 3 tabs, just stay on the first screen that pops up if you want to upload from your comp... you can browse for the files.

Or if you want to link to the pic, pick the "From another site" tab. Then click the "load image" button.

Message 6 of 16
6speed8
Regular Contributor

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc336/6speed8/Forte/20160325_114615.jpg

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 7 of 16
6speed8
Regular Contributor

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Niiiice! Especially love the contrast stitching on the seats!!
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the car!   Really love all the Hyundais..   My story is kinda similar to yours.. I had a pre approval with cap one for 3.5-12%    I had decided I wanted a Veloster Turbo.. So I found a 2014 with 14k miles on it and took my pre approval to them. Cap one did approve me, but due to my small credit file they wanted to charge an aqquisition fee and were going to hit me with 12%  interest..   Hyuandai  financial was able to get it done for 8%..    

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.