cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walked in with Cap One 3.5-11.5% pre-approval. DROVE out with Hyundai Financial 4.9%

tag
6speed8
Regular Contributor

Re: Walked in with Cap One 3.5-11.5% pre-approval. DROVE out with Hyundai Financial 4.9%

@Anonymous wrote:
Niiiice! Especially love the contrast stitching on the seats!!

Thanks. I've owned 4 VW's in my day. 85 GTI, 86 Jetta Coupe, 2001 Passat GLX and 2003 Passat W8 6 speed. Since 2008, we've had a 2006 Sentra, 2008 Sonata, 2012 Kia Forte SX and now this. As a "car guy" and former service advisor, reliability spoils you. In the combined 130,000 miles on the two Passats, there was: Coolant Temperature sensor failure, fuel sender failure, upper control arms, thermostat failure, fuel pump failure, window regulator failure. In the combined 230,000 miles of the Sentra, 08 Sonata and the Forte, the only "failures" were the sun visor springs  (common 06-10 Sonata failure. Springs break internally and they go floppy. $90 each to replace) and the exterior drivers door handle. $40 and 5 minutes to replace. 

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 11 of 16
mariposa7678
Regular Contributor

Re: Walked in with Cap One 3.5-11.5% pre-approval. DROVE out with Hyundai Financial 4.9%

nice!!!! congrats
2/23/15 -EQ 676 TU 627 EX 665 7/27/15 EQ 683 TU 683 EX 677 9/4/15 EQ 719 TU 690 EX 677 11/5/15 EQ 725 TU 693 EX 734**2/7/16 EQ 732 TU 696 EX 742
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice ride.. I love the color.  Enjoy it...

Message 13 of 16
6speed8
Regular Contributor

So when I went to pick up the cargo net hooks Monday, I pointed out the several scratches on the left rear door interior "carbon fiber" trim. She said she'd order a new piece. I texted her yesterday asking if it was going to be days or weeks for it to arrive. I want to get the oil changed at the same time - yeah only 600 miles -  or now if it's going to take weeks to arrive. Having been a car guy all my life, I follow MY maintainable schedule. The factory fill oil should be out of the engine ASAP, not 3-15,000 miles. Those first few hundred miles are where the break-in is happening and metal particles are at their highest. Not to mention the car has been on their lot since late June.So her response was she was actually in the middle of it waiting to hear from Hyundai. As a former service advisor, I know what that meant. Hyundai isn't looking at the scratches as a "defect" in the panel or even "damage noted at delivery', or they would have noted it 8 months ago when they got the car. It's "lot damage" whether by an employee or test drives. The trim piece is part of the door panel, meaning they'd have to eat a $700 door panel plus shop labor. Since I'm a REASONABLE guy, I made an offer in compromise lol. Give me a trunk cargo mat, the rear bumper applique to protect it from scratches loading and unloading the trunk, touch up paint and add another 6 oil changes to the ones you already included. At "internal" pricing - sales dept to parts & service - all that is barely half of replacing the door panel. I'm ok with that.

So I got a car stickered at $34,600 + the little dealer sticker with window tint, nitrogen filled tires,etc - $36,700 total asking price, for $27,200 out the door with: cargo net, cargo tray, bumper applique, touch up paint,10 oil changes and Hyundai 4.9% financing at payments I wanted.  I'm happy Smiley Happy

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@6speed8 wrote:

So when I went to pick up the cargo net hooks Monday, I pointed out the several scratches on the left rear door interior "carbon fiber" trim. She said she'd order a new piece. I texted her yesterday asking if it was going to be days or weeks for it to arrive. I want to get the oil changed at the same time - yeah only 600 miles -  or now if it's going to take weeks to arrive. Having been a car guy all my life, I follow MY maintainable schedule. The factory fill oil should be out of the engine ASAP, not 3-15,000 miles. Those first few hundred miles are where the break-in is happening and metal particles are at their highest. Not to mention the car has been on their lot since late June.So her response was she was actually in the middle of it waiting to hear from Hyundai. As a former service advisor, I know what that meant. Hyundai isn't looking at the scratches as a "defect" in the panel or even "damage noted at delivery', or they would have noted it 8 months ago when they got the car. It's "lot damage" whether by an employee or test drives. The trim piece is part of the door panel, meaning they'd have to eat a $700 door panel plus shop labor. Since I'm a REASONABLE guy, I made an offer in compromise lol. Give me a trunk cargo mat, the rear bumper applique to protect it from scratches loading and unloading the trunk, touch up paint and add another 6 oil changes to the ones you already included. At "internal" pricing - sales dept to parts & service - all that is barely half of replacing the door panel. I'm ok with that.

So I got a car stickered at $34,600 + the little dealer sticker with window tint, nitrogen filled tires,etc - $36,700 total asking price, for $27,200 out the door with: cargo net, cargo tray, bumper applique, touch up paint,10 oil changes and Hyundai 4.9% financing at payments I wanted.  I'm happy Smiley Happy

Remind me to take you with me when I finally get my new car in the late summer/fall.

Message 15 of 16
6speed8
Regular Contributor

Six weeks and barely 2000 miles but I have no regrets. It's big, fast and comfortable. Love the panoramic sunroof but as someone of a certain age group and hairline lol, I need to start wearing sunblock more frequently lol. Android Auto is unbelievable. That I can dictate texts with the roof open at 70mph and get perfect translation is amazing. I never used Google Play prior to getting the car. I actually deactivated the app prior. Since I could have it free for one month, I tried it out and I love it so I subscribed and have the $9.99 a  month billed to my cell account. The Apple Car Play / Nav update will be available soon free of charge so "someone else" will be able to utilize it when they drive "MY CAR" LMAO. In mixed driving I'm averaging 24ish which considering that's what the Forte averages in the same mixed loop, I can't complain. My dealer is a 45 mile ride. When I went in for my oil change, I filled it right across from them and headed home. 45 miles averaging 70-80 mph I was reading 33.6mpg when I got home. Made my first car payment in 4+ years last week and it felt good. After the last several years battling cancer, the IRS over Refund Fraud, Chapter 7 and a host of other crap, it's nice to get back to even a minor form of normalcy.

I made a promise to myself when I first started chemotherapy 5 years ago. If I survive this and life returns to something close to "normal", I'm going to "do something that matters" with my time. Being back to my own car now, I can. I volunteered for Meals On Wheels delivery. I went to orientation Tuesday and I start next week. I also took Crazy Dog to her first training sessions and she graduated the Beginner course. CLEARLY a case of No Child Left Behind lol. We're going to continue through all the courses up to and including Therapy Dog training over the next year. I hope to be visiting hospitals, nursing homes,etc. with her by the fall of next year.

CH 7 Discharged 6/10/15
T/U - 643
EQ - 588
Ex - 647 as of 6/14/15
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.