cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanna ask a car salesman anything.........

tag
StriderM99
New Contributor

Re: Wanna ask a car salesman anything.........

First off, thank you for your service!

I'm actually going car shopping this weekend and would be interested in hearing your input.

I'm going to look at the new 2017 Ford F-150s

Options being;

Crew Cab
V6 Ecoboost Engine (I prefer it over the V8)
FX4 Trim Package
Rear Camera
Heated/Cooled seats
HID headlamps

Any other options are "take them or leave them" for me

My zip is 19446

I also have a related question- I'm only looking at the new trucks because my current lease is up mid December. The truck I am returning is in excellent condition. It's a 2013 F-150 crew cab Fx4 with 17,000 miles on it. I'd have to look at my paperwork again,but I believe my buyout price was right around 31k. Does that sound worth it? I wouldn't be opposed to keeping what I have. But if I can get into a new model for not much more, there's no reason not to.

Being that the 2013 truck is in excellent condition, would the dealer be more willing to help put me into a new truck so they could profit off my returned lease with low miles and in excellent condition?

Thanks again for everything!

Message 41 of 44
Appleman
Valued Contributor

I believe the OP has taken the holiday off.

Related to the 2013, go to CarGurus.com and put in the information about your truck. It looks like trucks in your area are selling for less than your payoff (end of lease) but with slightly more miles. Unless you are selling privately (no trade in deal) you will likely get less money.

Dealer partially live by selling new inventory. The more a dealer sells the better the inventory they can order from the factory and the better the pricing structure for the dealer. 

The truck you want sounds great, I did not realize how expensive full size trucks have become....

Message 42 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cameron, 

Tricky one here. Get ready...

At the beginning of 2016 I stupidly traded in a truck I was upside down on, and bought a new 2015 F150. My credit was not good then, and I got into a very dumb car loan at 10.3% for 75 months.

Current balance is $42k

KBB private party is $32k

My credit has gone up substantially over the last year, but being upside down I am limited to my refinance options. My question is this. With the 16' F150's being deeply discounted right now, as well as ford credit offering 0% financing. Could I purchase a new truck at a purchase price of say $37k, roll the $10k im upside down into the loan, and have my new loan for $47k at 0%? This seems like the best option for me, as it looks like itwill be saving me almost $8k on the life of the loan and $180/month.

Or am I missing something? Any help is appreciated!

Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for doing this.  It is greatly appreciated.

I just wanting some advice about negotiating a price for a car I'm most likely going to order from Honda this summer.

I want 2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T Rallie Red with a manual transmission.  I've been checking for statewide for this car and its nowhere yet.   My local Honda dealership stated they would order it for me if they couldn't find it and would take about 8 weeks weeks..  They only need a $500 deposit at time of order, which is also no problem because I plan on putting $7000 cash down on the vehicle.

I plan on placing an order June 1st and hopefully get it around the middle of Aug..that's all good.

I was wanting some advice on negotiating the price.  I really like idea of getting an  "out the door price" and not trying to get each unwanted fee individually removed.  My goal is "out the door price" of around $23000.  I'm located in Central Texas if that matters.

Do you think this is a reasonable price goal?  MSRP is $22435  I noticed True car giving a price of around 21500-21900. w/o ttl.  I dreading this meeting but excited about getting the car.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.