Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want Car Loan--Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want Car Loan--Help!

i am trying to get approved for a car loan, i have cleaned my credit report signifigantly.  i just received my first credit card, but with only a $300.00 limit.  i was told my credit is to new my credit scores are:

TU--695

EQ-675

EX-634

can someone please help me with what credit card  i should apply for next i have a (ORCHARD BANK)  that would help me get a car loan or should i ask orchard for an increase it has been just over 6mth. with no missed payments.   eventually looking to buy a home so saving for a downpayment.  but i would like a car NOW???

any suggestions??? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
soccrstar
New Contributor

Re: Want Car Loan--Help!

how old is your credit file?

have you tried capital one?

EQ: 632 FICO8 / EX: 622 FICO8 / TU: 648 FICO8 / EQ: 648 FICO9 / EX: 652 FICO9 / TU: 624 FICO9 / Credit Karma: 633 Transunion 622 Equifax / Credit Sesame 633 / Positive Open Loan Tradelines: Auto loan $42000 / NEWEST CARD - Don't Remember / goal by 2019: 650 or more FICO8 across the board
Message 2 of 4
MizzB
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i am trying to get approved for a car loan, i have cleaned my credit report signifigantly.  i just received my first credit card, but with only a $300.00 limit.  i was told my credit is to new my credit scores are:

TU--695

EQ-675

EX-634

can someone please help me with what credit card  i should apply for next i have a (ORCHARD BANK)  that would help me get a car loan or should i ask orchard for an increase it has been just over 6mth. with no missed payments.   eventually looking to buy a home so saving for a downpayment.  but i would like a car NOW???

any suggestions??? 

I would open a savings account with a local credit union and then apply for a credit card there. They seem to be less reserved with credit granting. I would also talk to them about your intention to obtain a car loan. They may be able to help you with your car loan as well.
*********************************************************************************
Current Score (04/20/20): EQ:673; TU: 691; EX: 688 (FICO)
Starting Score (01/20/17): EQ:511 (FICO); TU: 521 (FAKO)
CapOne QS MC: $10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $14.5K | OpenSky Visa: $500 | Green Dot MC $300 | Green Dot MC2: $300 | AMEX Gold CC: NPSL | AMEX Platinum CC: NPSL | Amex Gold Delta Skymiles: $3k | DiscoverIT Chrome: $5.6K
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks! for the suggestions i don't want to get department store credit cards, never thought of a credit union so will try that.  

also my credit file is more than 20 yrs. old, but all negative (school loans) which are now paid off.

i am in the NYC area and the car dealer pulled my credit and of course it was EXPERIAN so i didn't know what he was going to really find and was surprised when the score was actually 634 so for the time being i have that to work off of instead of some fako number.  

thanks again for both of the answers i received. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.