Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my chances for 35k auto loan at dcu

tag
ssssg
Established Member

Re: What are my chances for 35k auto loan at dcu

Thanks! Maybe it helped too that I've been a member for years and this is my 2nd auto loan with them. Trying my luck with their credit card as well but they didn't gave me instant approval and it is still pending. Hopefully i just get one hard pull for both.
Message 11 of 20
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@ssssg wrote:
Thanks! Maybe it helped too that I've been a member for years and this is my 2nd auto loan with them. Trying my luck with their credit card as well but they didn't gave me instant approval and it is still pending. Hopefully i just get one hard pull for both.

There may be something to this Remember0 .. I am preapproved for one with DCU up to 40k with 748-- however this is also my second auto loan with DCU. (Currently, not going to be taking on any new debt at all, though.)

Message 12 of 20
ssssg
Established Member

Just an update.. was actually approved of 42k (though I only applied 35k) with 713 equifax pull . They called me and said just to bring my approval number to the dealership and the dealership will just have to fax purchase agreement to them (I remembered this was the exact same process with my first auto loan with dcu). They didn't even asked for proof of income etc. I also got approved of 3k cc (my highest to date!) Just loving my DCU!
Message 13 of 20
DevotionToU
Regular Contributor

Good to hear you got approved for such a large number.  There seems to be a lot of panic going around about people getting 15k max.  Though you had a loan with them before, so that would definitely factor in to their decision.  I'm going to be applying for a loan in a month or so, and hopefully I can get more than 15, because the car im looking at is ~20ish.

$18000 Discover IT / $6000 Chase Freedom / $5000 DCU Visa / $3900 Fifth Third / $2500 Capital One Quicksilver / $2000 AMEX Blue Cash Everyday / $500 Chase Slate
Message 14 of 20
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@ssssg wrote:
Just an update.. was actually approved of 42k (though I only applied 35k) with 713 equifax pull . They called me and said just to bring my approval number to the dealership and the dealership will just have to fax purchase agreement to them (I remembered this was the exact same process with my first auto loan with dcu). They didn't even asked for proof of income etc. I also got approved of 3k cc (my highest to date!) Just loving my DCU!

Awesomeness!!

Message 15 of 20
goodguy14

Wowser.... reading all these stories discourages me from even applying. I was planning on applying for a 35k auto loan next week. But being a first timer, I don't think they'll even consider that high amount Smiley Sad  I wonder if DCU accepts down payments on loans? (just to help my chances of approval)

Message 16 of 20
goodguy14

When appkying for DCU, to increase chances of higher limit loan approval, should I offer a down payment? I say this becuase my credit is great and all but the history is quite short (2 years) .. I was gonna ask for a 35K loan, but if they dont take down payments then I rather increase the chances of being approved for 30k 

feedback? 

Message 17 of 20
ssssg
Established Member

Goodguy14, different strokes for different folks. I think as long as your credit score and your dti ratio is good, it's worth a try. Wasnt expecting high numbers but they gave it to me. Also, told them I will trade my old car as down payment so it probably helped. On my first car loan with dcu, they required 20% down. Good luck. Hope you get approved.
Message 18 of 20
younes2008
New Visitor

what is  DCU?

Message 19 of 20
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Digital Credit Union, a cu in Massachusetts which everyone can join. They may (this is speculation on my part) have been changes in how much money they will lend to lower fico scores, lower incomes, and/or first-time buyers. Speculation + A call for info is in this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/To-consider-before-applying-to-DCU-Collecting-info/td-p/2...

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.