Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my options? Need a car now.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are my options? Need a car now.

Hi All,

I need a good used car and will need to get an auto loan.  I cosigned for my daughter in January and now the dealerships consider it my loan even though my daughter pays and drives the car.  My score with Equifax 546....i know quite horrid. I am looking for a loan around $10k.  What are my options?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: What are my options? Need a car now.

Lease and put a bunch of money down?
Buy a junker?
Get a cosigner?

Your score is very low and it will be difficult but it is possible.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are my options? Need a car now.

Google bad credit car loans, I did it when my score was mid 400's and got a loan at 26% interest and was paying $600 a month on a $20000 Jeep Patriot, my loan was through Santander, be careful to only agree to it if you can afford the payment though. I was able to get out of the Jeep just over a year later so I no longer have that horrible payment.  

After you get a loan, see what you can do to raise your score and then 6-12 months later see about re-financing it to lower your interest rate.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.