Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my options

tag
jay_s
Valued Member

What are my options

Guys.. Need help here. I have an approval from Roadloans for 16% rate. My credit union rejected me. Dealer also could not help. See my scores below. What are my options to get a better rate?

EX-622 EQ- 578 TU-611

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Re: What are my options

Heres what you do- do your research on the vehicle you want- walk into the dealer like your Donald F-in Trump- DO NOT let them run your credit- tell them you have financing in place- DO NOT say with who or what the interest rates are. Negotiate a deal- bargain hard- get them to the piont they believe you will buy- but don't sign anything yet- LEAVE the dealership- tell them the price is too high- if they call you- negotiate again- get a better deal- get them salivating- Then before you sign anything ask them to try to finance you- and see if they can beat your rate- again DO NOT tell them the interest rate or mention roadloans.

If they get you a better deal then good- if no- you have a decision- go with road loans or not. If you can make 6 solid monthas of payments, and your not upside down on the loan (doyou have a trade-in or cash upfrnt?) you should be able to refinance with a bank or credit union with a better rate.

Another thing you can do is make bi-weekly payments- you need to research that.

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Heres what you do- do your research on the vehicle you want- walk into the dealer like your Donald F-in Trump- DO NOT let them run your credit- tell them you have financing in place- DO NOT say with who or what the interest rates are. Negotiate a deal- bargain hard- get them to the piont they believe you will buy- but don't sign anything yet- LEAVE the dealership- tell them the price is too high- if they call you- negotiate again- get a better deal- get them salivating- Then before you sign anything ask them to try to finance you- and see if they can beat your rate- again DO NOT tell them the interest rate or mention roadloans.

If they get you a better deal then good- if no- you have a decision- go with road loans or not. If you can make 6 solid monthas of payments, and your not upside down on the loan (doyou have a trade-in or cash upfrnt?) you should be able to refinance with a bank or credit union with a better rate.

Another thing you can do is make bi-weekly payments- you need to research that.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

With a 611 midscore, most dealers should be abel to get you financed unless 1 of 2 things is going on:

You have alot of recent credit

You hav recent baddies or very high utilization.

Otherwise, it should just be a matter of the interest rate and down payment.

Message 3 of 4
jay_s
Valued Member

Thanks Guys. Looks like my util was the culprit.. I will pay off credit cards in next 2-3 months, and refinance at the end of 6 months.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.