Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What bureau does BMW FS pull?

tag
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

What bureau does BMW FS pull?

I am looking at buying a 328 CPO, (want a new car and trying to take advantage of BMW FS promo to make first 2 payments if financed through them). Does anyone know what credit bureau they pull, and approx what scores have been approved?

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Hammer23
Frequent Contributor

Re: What bureau does BMW FS pull?

Depends on the area you live in. In my area they pull EFX. Most dealerships have a good working relationship with BMW and can ask them to pull alternate cbrs.

WF Home Projects Visa $8500 / Towpath CU Visa $7000 / Chase Freedom Visa $5500 / Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $5000 / Barclaycard Ring MC $5000 / GE Lowes $5000 / Citi Best Buy MC $4250 / Barclaycard Rewards Visa $4000 / BFG CU Visa $3500 / Citi Sears$3000 / WF Visa $2000 / GE Walmart $1900 / GE Care Credit $1900 / GE Amazon $1400 / Cap 1 Kohls $1000 / GE Old Navy $800 / Webbank Fingerhut $700
Message 2 of 14
liyfe1
Valued Member

im curios about this as well...whats scores for leasing....and what bureau...i live in ny!

Message 3 of 14
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

I financed through them last year. For me they pulled EX with a score of 698 or something (Dont remember the exact figure), I got their special financing promo deal with that score. Hope it helps.

Message 4 of 14
longhorn11
New Contributor

They use the auto enhanced score and they have the ability to pull from all 3.  They usually pull from experian, like a poster said above.  For financing it's an all or nothing deal to a certain level (tier I-III) to get the best programs.  After a certain level (650 or below I believe, rates start getting adjusted).  As long as your auto credit is in decent shape you should be fine, they also pay heavy attention to your DTI.  

Message 5 of 14
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Thanks. My most recent EX is 733 ( from AMEX pull 1/31). Clean report except BK from 2002 (due to drop off in July). Have had 2 car loans since then, with Chase and Alliant, so HopefullybI will be ok.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Message 6 of 14
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:
Thanks. My most recent EX is 733 ( from AMEX pull 1/31). Clean report except BK from 2002 (due to drop off in July). Have had 2 car loans since then, with Chase and Alliant, so HopefullybI will be ok.

You are going to get it :-)

Do they have any promos going on right now?

Message 7 of 14
longhorn11
New Contributor

Yeah you should be good to go with your score and auto history.  

Also for the poster that was asking about lease rates, unlike financing, lease rates/money factor is based strictly off your credit score.  I would ask your dealer or search on the bmw forums for more info on a specific rate/score.  They start off at tier I and go up from there.  Sorry for not having more specific info, but I'm not too familiar with the leasing process.

Message 8 of 14
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@ibmrad7 - BMW FS has a promo through 2/29 on CPO's with interest rates from 0.9 -3.9% (depending on months financed), where they will pay your first two payments (up to 500 per month).

Message 9 of 14
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:
@ibmrad7 - BMW FS has a promo through 2/29 on CPO's with interest rates from 0.9 -3.9% (depending on months financed), where they will pay your first two payments (up to 500 per month).

Thats what I got. 2.9% for 66 months. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.