cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What bureau is used?

tag
bob1320

What bureau is used?

Do any of you know what credit bureau is used when applying for an auto loan? Such as transunion, experian, or EQ? Thanks 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: What bureau is used?

Could be any of the 3 or all 3 depending on the lender and how much rate shopping 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
bob1320

Is there any way to know which will be used before applying?

Message 3 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@bob1320 wrote:

Is there any way to know which will be used before applying?

You could ask the dealer but I highly doubt they'll know which the bank is using ....sorry wish I had a better answer for you

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bob1320 wrote:

Do any of you know what credit bureau is used when applying for an auto loan? Such as transunion, experian, or EQ? Thanks 

Are you looking at a specific car and for a lease or the special apr on that car or used?

Message 5 of 10
bob1320

I am looking at a ford raptor and I am looking for a used one. I am not looking for any special apr or anything I am just looking for the auto loan

Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bob1320 wrote:

I am looking at a ford raptor and I am looking for a used one. I am not looking for any special apr or anything I am just looking for the auto loan

then most likely if you go to dealer and they shop it around for best rates and approvals you will see all 3 pulled by many different banks... if you have a credit union you could use then you could probably get just 1 INQ and know which report would be pulled based on the CU you are applying at.

Message 7 of 10
bob1320

Ok. Do you know which one happens to be the most popular? Trans Union, EQ, or experain?

Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bob1320 wrote:

Ok. Do you know which one happens to be the most popular? Trans Union, EQ, or experain?

I would put them at a 33.3% for each of which is most popular.

Message 9 of 10
coterotie
Established Contributor

Credit Unions tend to use Equifax, not sure why it seems that way but every one I have talked to around here uses them.

I asked the Lexus dealer which they would use before I let them do anything.  They use EQ auto enhanced, but will if necessary use the others in order to find the highest score to get the customer in their best tier.  So if you are 1 point into their best tier on any bureau they will use that one, which I thought was pretty good.

When I was considering a Lexus I met with the F and I guy and peppered him with questions, let him know my scores so he could then communicate that to the sales guy.  I wouldn't let them run anything unless we could make a deal.  Since they weren't able to hit my price, it didn't cost me an inquiry or a bunch of time sitting around the stealership.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.