Frequent Contributor
ace9848

What does "clean title history" mean?

Frequent Contributor
ace9848

Re: What does "clean title history" mean?

What would be a derog for the title? Missing a payment on the account? I am still clueless as you can see :smileyhappy:
Valued Contributor
jaybee

[ Edited ]
No lien holders.

ETA: Sorry I miss read your post earlier!

Message Edited by jaybee on 05-31-2008 09:59 AM
If at first you don't succeed... hang up and try again!!
Frequent Contributor
ace9848

What is a lien holder ?Now you really know how clueless I am. I am hoping that since I don't know what one is, that I don't have one. :smileyhappy:
Super Contributor
marty56

Insurance company could be a lean holder as well as the OC.

Also if you put your car up for collateral on a loan.

Tax lean?? 
09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752
Established Contributor
Takunda1

ace9848 wrote:
What is a lien holder ?Now you really know how clueless I am. I am hoping that since I don't know what one is, that I don't have one. :smileyhappy:

Lien holder is any entity that may have an interest in the vehicle. Usually this is the financing company of the vehicle. Once the vehicle is paid off the financing company releases it's lien and you have what is called a "Clean title". A clean title is basically where you're the registered owner as well as the legal owner of the car. When you are financing a vehicle, and a lien holder is on the title, you are merely the registered owner, and the lien holder is the "legal owner" of the vehicle. That's how when you default on an auto loan a company can repo the vehicle because they are the legal owners of said vehicle. Hope that helps.
Senior Contributor
MattH

ace9848 wrote:

As others have posted, it means no outstanding lens on the title. It also means various problems are not present, such as a "salvage" title. When shopping for a used car, you should always run the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) of any car you test drive through www.carfax.com
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+