Anonymous
Not applicable

What does "clean title history" mean?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What does "clean title history" mean?

What would be a derog for the title? Missing a payment on the account? I am still clueless as you can see Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No lien holders.

ETA: Sorry I miss read your post earlier!

Message Edited by jaybee on 05-31-2008 09:59 AM
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is a lien holder ?Now you really know how clueless I am. I am hoping that since I don't know what one is, that I don't have one. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

Insurance company could be a lean holder as well as the OC.

Also if you put your car up for collateral on a loan.

Tax lean?? 
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 7
Takunda1
Established Contributor

ace9848 wrote:
What is a lien holder ?Now you really know how clueless I am. I am hoping that since I don't know what one is, that I don't have one. Smiley Happy

Lien holder is any entity that may have an interest in the vehicle. Usually this is the financing company of the vehicle. Once the vehicle is paid off the financing company releases it's lien and you have what is called a "Clean title". A clean title is basically where you're the registered owner as well as the legal owner of the car. When you are financing a vehicle, and a lien holder is on the title, you are merely the registered owner, and the lien holder is the "legal owner" of the vehicle. That's how when you default on an auto loan a company can repo the vehicle because they are the legal owners of said vehicle. Hope that helps.
Message 6 of 7
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As others have posted, it means no outstanding lens on the title. It also means various problems are not present, such as a "salvage" title. When shopping for a used car, you should always run the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) of any car you test drive through www.carfax.com
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.