Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens after a loan is paid off?

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

What happens after a loan is paid off?

I financed a snowmobile through Sheffield, they gave me a 0% rate for 18mos, so I financed $12k with them and put $3k in cash down. I paid it in full last month before the interest charges applied and it shows paid on their statement. My most recent statement I recieved dated 5/2 shows it with a 0 balance. I checked my CR, it shows the April statement balance. I asked them to update it, and to send me the title but they insist that I will have it within 30 days. I usually finance through my CU and in the past they have mailed out the title's etc on the day I pay the loan in full. How long do they have to send the title and update my cr?

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: What happens after a loan is paid off?

@revvystoke wrote:

I financed a snowmobile through Sheffield, they gave me a 0% rate for 18mos, so I financed $12k with them and put $3k in cash down. I paid it in full last month before the interest charges applied and it shows paid on their statement. My most recent statement I recieved dated 5/2 shows it with a 0 balance. I checked my CR, it shows the April statement balance. I asked them to update it, and to send me the title but they insist that I will have it within 30 days. I usually finance through my CU and in the past they have mailed out the title's etc on the day I pay the loan in full. How long do they have to send the title and update my cr?

The 30 days they told you seems correct. That is actually fairly quick for CR updating.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.