Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to get a car loan

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

What is the best way to get a car loan

I need help for a friend. She started her Medial Residency program and works in a Hospital. She is on a J1 Visa with Social Security Number. She has no credit hisory in US. Can he get a car loan from any place using her employment and obtain a car loan?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

Re: What is the best way to get a car loan

@Red1Blue wrote:

I need help for a friend. She started her Medial Residency program and works in a Hospital. She is on a J1 Visa with Social Security Number. She has no credit hisory in US. Can he get a car loan from any place using her employment and obtain a car loan?

1. Start with any Credit Unions or Medical Trade Organizations she is with that does auto loans.

2. Check with the Dealerships of the brand(s) she is interested in. They most likely will have a lender that will.

3. Your larger banks such as Chase, BoA, Wells Fargo, Capital One, etc most likely will deny due to lack of credit history if she applies on her own through the websites..

I see a lot of residents ( and new Drs ) on visas with my job. I havent seen a one drive less than a newer honda civic. So apparently it can be done, but she most likely will have to have physical proof of income - bank statements, pay statements, etc..

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.