cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What rate should I expect or try to get to?

tag
Jax26
Valued Member

What rate should I expect or try to get to?

We're in the market for a new car and was hoping that I could get some help. Our FICOs are:

Mine 632 TU, 640 EQ

Wife  647 TU, 614 EQ (error we are disputing)

Of course, I don't know the Auto Enhanced score but I have 3 car loans on my report (co-signed for one). One was started in 2006 with perfect payment history, the other was started in 2009 with perfect payment history. The one I co-signed for has a 30 day late on Jan of 2010 but it is only showing on TU and not on EQ. 

We're looking at either 60 mo or 72 mo on a 2009 Honda Accord. The initial offer was at 11.5% which seems high to me. I was thinking more around 8% knowing that our scores aren't great by any means but I would think that the auto enhanced (especially on EQ) would be over 650. 

Any thoughts on a reasonable rate that I could expect/hope for?

Starting Score: 533
Current Score: 640
Goal Score: 700(12 mo)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: What rate should I expect or try to get to?

You didn't ask what your auto enhanced were when you got the offer for Infiniti?  I was approved for special financing a few ago with Infiniti with a 650, so I would kind of guess your auto enhanced must be below 650 to get an offer of 11%. if you just recently applied for the infiniti, you could go ahead and apply at Honda, you have I think a 30 day window when shopping for cars for all the credit pulls.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.