Debt-to-Income (DTI): 12%

Year of Car: 2015

Make: Subaru Impreza - $22,500 sticker price

Miles: 0

Purchase/Refinance: Purchase

Requested loan term (XX Months): 60

Down payment amount: up to $4000

Co-borrower/Co-Signer: none

Other: My negative TLs are 5 student loan collections that are listed as paid/closed and one judgement. The judgement is set to fall off in July of this year and I was really hoping to hold off until then to buy a new car but it's looking like my current car has seen it's final days. I'm hoping I see a little score bump from the judgement falling off but I don't know if i can wait that long. I have been trying to get it vacated or excluded early but so far that hasn't gotten me anywhere.

Anyway, any guesses about what kind of interest rate I could expect right now? This would be my first auto loan.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: What rates can I expect?

You can either wait or take delivery now. As for interest rate, judgements are nasty, even with prime scores and no mention of car loan history in your post; my best guess is high single digits (7-8-9%).

DCU won't touch you with a judgement despite your good EQ score.

Best bet is to try Subaru (Chase) or Capital One with your good TU score.

If you wait (which is what I recommend, less hassle) your scores should generate mid single digits (3-4-5%) and that's sizable, at least a few hundred dollars over the live of the loan.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What rates can I expect?

Yeah I was really hoping to wait until the judgement fell off before I started shopping around. Maybe I will be able to find a way to make that work. I can almost start asking TU to do an early exclusion on that. I've read that they usually will within 6 months of fall off date.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.