Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going to happen?!

tag
Sheisaking
Contributor

What's going to happen?!

Ok guys! I've held out as long as I can on getting a new vehicle. My car is literally going to die any second. I need to buy a new one.  Here is what I need help with. About 5 years ago, I had a reposession. I have not paid it off.  It shows up on my equifax and transunion report, but not my experian. I have done extensive research on this forum and found the lenders that typically only pull Experian.  If I decided to go with one of those lenders and they pull an auto enhanced score, my repossesion shouldn't have an effect, right? I have had 1 auto loan since the repo with perfect payment history and the vehicle is paid off. Other than that repo, my credit history is spotless. What do you guys think? Will that repo have an affect?

Oh and for those who want to know, the auto companies tend to pull experian when you use the auto company financing (ie Toyota Financial Services, Hyundai Financial Svcs):

Lexus

Toyota

Chrysler Jeep

Hyundai

Kia

Infiniti 

Starting Score: 400s
Current Score: Equifax: 676, TransUnion: 710, Experian: 721
Goal Score: 750 or higher

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: What's going to happen?!

That is going to be tough

Hyundai pulled Equifax when I bought a Santa Fe in 2011

Infiniti pulled both Experian and Trransunion when I bought DW's car in August

IMO you should also look at credit unions that pull Experian

Message 2 of 7
Sheisaking
Contributor

Did you go to the auto dealer and have your credit pull or did you complete the application on the website of the car manufacturer. From what I learned, when you go to the dealership, they can pull any as they try to get you financed with all kinds of financial institutions. When you apply on the website (like Acurafiancialservices.com) they typical pull one specific report because they are not shopping you out to banks. 

Message 3 of 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I went to the dealer.  Applying on the website really doesn't do anything for you but cost you an inquiry and provide a lead tot he dealership.  They WILL pull at the dealership and probably all 3.

Message 4 of 7
Sheisaking
Contributor

Hmm. Good to know. Thanks so much!

Message 5 of 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Like I said, I would definitely go in with a CU pre approval 

Message 6 of 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@sccredit wrote:

I went to the dealer.  Applying on the website really doesn't do anything for you but cost you an inquiry and provide a lead tot he dealership.  They WILL pull at the dealership and probably all 3.

^^^ Agree 100%

Applying at the website is useless for you, the consumer.  It only helps the dealer gather leads. You still have to go through the process at the dealership. The only time you don't is if you walk in with your own financing in hand.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.