Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

What score range gets you 0.9%-4.9% financing on a new car?

You see all those commercials advertising super low apr's for qualified buyers.  Well, what is the score range to get approved for those rates?  700+ or more like 760+?

Re: What score range gets you 0.9%-4.9% financing on a new car?

Well I also think it depends on the car you are getting.  According to a FICO change in approvals have bumped up the required FICO scores for certain vehicles.  Although GM has announced this apr range but they don't specify a required score.  Here's another link to mulitple manufacturers that are offering that apr range. 

Best of luck, I surely couldn't get those scores anyway!

Regular Contributor

If you read the fine print on most ads they always have something like 750+ Fico but the super low APR's are usually for 3yrs or less so payments are going to be super high.

Starting Score: 8/2008 521
Current Score: 734
Highest Ever: 4/2009 759
Goal Score: 760+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor

With Honda its 710+ auto enhanced fico, with Nissan its 700+ auto enhanced fico. The only way to pull your auto enhanced fico score is through a car dealership. The best thing to do is just fill out an application for credit after the finance guy agress to tell you the score.  I'm about 90 points away from there and as soon as I hit it I'll move over to get a better car for the same payment.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.