Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get approved with a 650 EQ/659 Auto EQ

tag
Jazdown
Established Member

Where can I get approved with a 650 EQ/659 Auto EQ

I currently want to trade in my 2014 E 350 Mercedes and have a 650 EQ per FICO8. I live in Dallas TX

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where can I get approved with a 650 EQ/659 Auto EQ

Depending on how much you owe on your current vehicle and what it's worth to a dealership, as long as there isn't a ton of inequity you should be fine obtaining financing at any dealer through their captive lender's. I would reach out to some CU's though such as DCU/NFCU and see what you qualify for with them as they generally have much better interest rates. In addition you can try the Capital One Auto Navigator pre-approval site to get a general idea of where you stand.

Message 2 of 6
Jazdown
Established Member

Thanks,

I am currently with CapOne and tried thru navigator but was declined. The navigator didn't give me the option of a trade. I only have 50K miles on it so I should still be in good position in terms of value. Navigator assumed I wanted a 2nd car and not a trade. I appreciate your response and will update once I have something to report. I was told by CapOne I need to go into a dealer and select a car and try then once i have a vehicle along with my trade; preapproval with cap one is an automated approval that doesn't take trade-in into the equation.

Message 3 of 6
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Why trade your car in, and deal with a new 36 plus month loan?  Keep the car, continued to work on increasing the fico score, and then consider trading. Atleast your car would be paid off, no car payments, and a high fico score.

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 4 of 6
Jazdown
Established Member

Thanks,

I'm having mechanical issues often. I have an extended warranty but don't have time to continued car woes! I am wrkn on my scores and they will increase soon. I will pay my CC debt of 5k off next mth so hopefully I will get a boost. I just thought I wld ask in the event I needed trade sooner than later.

I have relationships with PenFed and NFCU so I will purhaps go that route once my scores are back up
Message 5 of 6
Jazdown
Established Member

I'm having mechanical issues, I have extended coverage but annoyed with having to keep taking it in for repairs. I know my scores will rebound soon as I will p/o my CC debt (5k) next mth. I thought I wld ask to see if the forum had answers in the event I needed to trade in sooner than later. I will be in 700 soon as I was b4 a few HP's and utilization.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.