cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can we get a loan for used Ferrari or Lamborghoni?

tag
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: Where can we get a loan for used Ferrari or Lamborghoni?

My friend rented a Lamb in Miami on weekend rates for 2400$ a day Smiley Surprised

Message 11 of 32
laz98
Senior Contributor

@ibmrad7 wrote:

My friend rented a Lamb in Miami on weekend rates for 2400$ a day Smiley Surprised

i seriously just spit my drink all over my computer.......who in their right mind would pay that much just to RENT a freaking car????  you friend must have A LOT of disposable income.  i need friends like that Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 32
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

That time he was just a student but his parents have lots n lots n lots of Dineros Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like I tell people time and time again: its all about frame of reference.

To a lot of people eating out at Outback Steakhouse is slumming.

I once waited on a person at Outback who I remembered from when I had been a Busser at Morton's of Chicago, I had made a joke what was he doing there, he explained it was a last minute trip out and they were in the area, he was like well the steak is Ok.

I am one of those people that cannot get my mind around bottles of wine. I mean really you get less than 4 glasses, and for the price for a few people you can buy a decent vodka or scotch.

if you cleared $400,000 a year, and were reasonsably normal on DTI, the thought of spending 3 hours grocwery shopping at 4 different stores seems like a waste of yor time and money. 

Message 14 of 32
laz98
Senior Contributor

it just caught me off guard Smiley Happy  i know i'm not uberwealthy Smiley Very Happy

i don't think i'm cheap, either, but i'm not sure i would spend 3-4 hours grocery shopping on a regular basis, either Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:

i don't think i'm cheap, either, but i'm not sure i would spend 3-4 hours grocery shopping on a regular basis, either Smiley Tongue

NPR did a report that had the poor and retired trending (taking the big city slum and transportation issue out of the equation) to spend less on groceries, then the "rich" or people with large families who either did not have the time to shop, or found any cash savings not worth their time. 

Message 16 of 32
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I did find some good leads on other boards and internet. Looks like, it is not that bad and one can easily get a good financing for the exotic and collectors cars with reasonable interest / lease to buy and other options. Loans can go upto $500k for the cars. I thought it was impossible or next to difficult to get one of these cars, looks like it is possible and quite in the reach to get one of these cars.

Message 17 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

I did find some good leads on other boards and internet. Looks like, it is not that bad and one can easily get a good financing for the exotic and collectors cars with reasonable interest / lease to buy and other options. Loans can go upto $500k for the cars. I thought it was impossible or next to difficult to get one of these cars, looks like it is possible and quite in the reach to get one of these cars.

You may wish, before getting jumpy, to check the service intervals and cost them out. Depending on your make and model of a Lamb, your service visits could be easily half  the cost of a new Ford Focus.

Maybe Audi or Porsche? (and I do not mean an AUDI R8-although they look nice.)

Message 18 of 32
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

As others have said check at what intervals service is required and the cost.  They are hideous for cars like this.  And make sure you have qualified service available within a reasonable distance from your abode.  These cars almost need a chase car following them with a qualified mechanic at the ready.  These are great cars, but they are very high maintenance.

Message 19 of 32
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I totally agree with the input from everyone on the cost of the maintenance for these cars. I am also going to consider porche before I move up to Ferrrai or Lamborghoni. I think there are quite a few maintenance places in NJ for Ferrari and Lamborghoni. I'll go some time to these mechanic places and find out the costs and check them out.

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.