Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Bank or CU for Auto loan?

tag
krielly
Established Contributor

Re: Which Bank or CU for Auto loan?

I just purchased a 2017 Subaru Crosstrek last week. Got 2.29% preapproved autocheck from my CU in advance (regardless of term up to 72 mos).

Very very pleased with that. Smiley Happy

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^^which CU was this?

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aprile421 wrote:

Thank you very much for your replies.

So what have you decided? 

Message 13 of 17
krielly
Established Contributor

New England Federal Credit Union.

Subaru had a 1.9% rate for up to 60 mos. For the extra $4.00 per month, I decided to stick with mine.........

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 14 of 17
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

I have not decided anything for sure yet as I have a little bit of time before I buy.  Due to reading a lot of these posts I am strongly considering opening an NFCU checking and savings and establishing a banking relationship with them and then applying for my auto loan through them. I am surprised how much different the rates are between NFCU, Penfed and USAA. I though USAA would be pretty competive but it seems they aren't.

BrickbyBrick, I don't mind you using my post for the same question. If it helps both of us or anyone else I consider that a bonus. That is what this forum is here for, to help each other out Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Haha cool thanks Aprile and yes definitely.give NFCU a shot, good luck!
5/27/17 Experian: 679 Equifax: 628 TransUnion: 630
Cap1 QS:600 Credit One: 600 Merrick Bank: 550 Amex: 500 JCrew: 250
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aprile421 wrote:

I have not decided anything for sure yet as I have a little bit of time before I buy.  Due to reading a lot of these posts I am strongly considering opening an NFCU checking and savings and establishing a banking relationship with them and then applying for my auto loan through them. I am surprised how much different the rates are between NFCU, Penfed and USAA. I though USAA would be pretty competive but it seems they aren't.

BrickbyBrick, I don't mind you using my post for the same question. If it helps both of us or anyone else I consider that a bonus. That is what this forum is here for, to help each other out Smiley Happy

I have auto loans with Penfed and NFCU, rates are pretty much the same with both and both have excellent customer service so you cannot go wrong with either  USAA has good insurance rates but I have found their APR for credit cards and car loans to not be very competitive compared to Penfed and NFCU.  DCU is also a credit union with a solid reputation for great rates.  

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.