Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Company should I look at?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Which Company should I look at?

Just a FYI:

Yes I did make over my monthly payments on the truck.

I just traded the truck in for a 2010 Lexus Is350 it was a service loaner/Demo. I made 2k on the truck, I was approved instantly with Lexus finacial at 4.9 for 60 months and put 2500 down. They also offered my the Lexus Pursuits Visa. I was approved for 5000 limit. They pulled TU and I had a 651, and only gained one inquiry.

I spend alot of time in my car and options are important to me. My insurance actually went down, and all maintenance is free for the first 50k miles plus it's a Lexus.

You can keep your Ecobox, and thanks for the helpful budget tips. Haha.

Message 11 of 13
cdtotten
Established Contributor

I am glad that you were able to find a new car that suits your wants. That being said, you came to these forums looking for financial guidance. People offered you sound financial advice, and then you turn around, do what you want (which is fine) and insult  the ideas of the posters that tried to help you.

Buying a $40k car to put 20,000 miles on it a year for a 21 year old with a limited credit history isn't a savvy financial move. With that kind of mileage, the value will depreciate so quick that 3 years from now you are probably going to regret the purchase. Not to mention, the cost to repair a 'luxury car' is far greater than a standard car, even if your standard maintenance is included.

Glad for you getting a nice car, but don't come here looking for help and turn around and bash the posters for providing solid advice.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
marty56
Super Contributor

I thinking the Visa will come in handy to pay for car repairs for the 2.5 years it won't be under warranty for the remander of the loan.  I would never buy an luxury car or sports car and put a lot of mileage on it.  Cost of premium gas aside.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.